Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First time out tomorrow morning...

Old 10-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default First time out tomorrow morning...

Got my arrows touching at 30 yds, doe in heat scent is in the frig, scent-lok suit is in the dryer, my outer clothes are drying on the deck in a 20 mph wind, and the weather channel girl says west wind tomorrow. Those deer are in a heap a trouble. Sometimes I think the preparation is almost as exciting as the hunting. My wife thinks I need a life, but there are worse addictions right? This board is kind of like an AA meeting for hunters.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First time out tomorrow morning...

good luck tbonecpa. im going out again tonight for the 12th or 13th time with a friend. he is hoping to get his first deer.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:33 PM

you got it sometimes the getting ready for a hunt is almost as fun the hunt just anticipating your moves making sure you are scent free etc. Good luck with your hunt and I know how you feel when you said this forum is like AA for bowhunters when I first joined my wife said how can you spend that much time on there, I said ok I won't go on anymore well needless to say after about a day of me talking bowhunting to her she said shut up I can't take it anymore please go back on the computer. so its a win win situation
Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Good thing I was such a freak about scent control. All 4 deer came in down wind of my stand and crossed my trail. People who doubt the scent free thing are really missing it. Had shots at all 3 does and a spike buck. Nothing worth getting excited about though. There was no big buck sign like I saw last year. The corn is still up here and it is a little early for the big boys to move into my area. One rule I folow is that if you fill your tag with a small butck you can't fill it with a large one.