Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rattling

Old 10-16-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Rattling

I have only ever rattled at the beginning of November. What would happen if lets say I do it a few weeks early? Would I spook the deer in the area or might they be curious and come in and investigate?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:11 PM

Default RE: Rattling

if it is during the pre rut that you are talking about then hard rattling is unnatural in my area anyways. the best rattling to do during the pre rut is just tickle the tines so to speak this simulates the light sparring that bucks do at the begin and before the pre rut just remember as the pre rut goes on the rattling intensifies until the rut when it is an all out war. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rattling

First, welcome to the forums. Second, I'd like to point out a useful tool that might help you navigate this site and at the same time, allow you to refrain from redundant posts. What you might want to post or asked has probably been posted before or asked before and might offer you more information. It is the SEARCH tool located above your log in name at the top right of the page along with FAQ/POSTING RULES and so much more.

We've covered rattling prerut many times. If done sparingly, prerut can offer you some of the best results from rattling. Like mentioned above, aggressive rattling this time of year in my area will scare far more than it will bring in. Light sparing does work from time to time but I prefer a good grunt tube over rattling.