Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa hunters?

Old 10-13-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Iowa hunters?

where is they iowa hunters and have you been having any luck? i plan on waking up early and going out saturday. wish me luck
Old 10-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Iowa hunters?

Good luck solo! I shot a nice doe last Friday evening, but buck activity has been minimal to say the least.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well good luck to you fellows. I plan to be out again this weekend too. I was out last weekend and saw some nice one but they were all out to far. The bucks were still all grouped together and I am excited to see how much has changed in the last week.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well lets see here...I've been out 6 days total and have seen 4 bucks and 9 does.. I havn't been out since Monday and I am planning on going out in the morning. What part of Iowa are you hunting? I am as far east as you can go in Clinton County.... I'll let you know how things go tomorrow!!

Good luck!!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live on the far west side of Iowa. About as far away from kill it as I can get. Good luck to my fellow Iowegians this year.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I am about 40 miles N of Council Bluffs. I will be out again this weekend and will keep you guys posted as to how it goes. I have also opened a taxidermy studio after completion of the Dan Rinehart School of Taxidermy. If any of you guys shoot a nice one and are in the area let me know. Good luck everyone!!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Just wanted you guys to know that my brother-in-law, SWIowa Hunter, is also on this site. We share stands, 12 in all, and take some nice deer every year.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt in southern iowa, in davis county. the land i hunt is bordered on the south by the Missouri line
Old 10-14-2004, 07:08 PM

I am kind of jealous of you Iowegian's, every time I cross the river I see some beauties over there. Im going to have to give into the dark side next year and hunt the wrong side of the river. To bad the out of state is real expensive over there. And your DNR seems to have a clue on how to manage things, unlike my side of the river. Good Luck
Old 10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

I am going out in the morning, supposed to be in the low 20's. Hopefully it will get the big boys moving. I will keep ya all posted.

Quick Reply: Iowa hunters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.