Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 10-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do?

At this point I'd wait for the big guy. If you settle for anything less you'll be left thinking about the "one that got away" for a long time.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Jeramy now you went and screwed up my decision. If I pass up a 150 class for him and didn't get a chance at him I would blame myself for being greedy. I think I will pop the first one I get a chance at. I would hope that he could make my choice easy for me but you know thats not likely.

The area I'm hunting and seeing animals like this, Residential. This place is on the edge of town with a huge state park beside it. They drive the state park twice a year and chase the deer over to this property. The place is so over run with deer it's crazy. Don't over look residential properties.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hope you get the big one. I couldn't even imagine hunting a place like that. If I saw a 150 in my life where I hunt, that would probably be a once in a lifetime experience.

BTW, I'm curious, what state are you in? Man that sounds like an incredible place to hunt. I'm GREEN with envy Good luck!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would shoot at the 150. I say "shoot at" because I would be shaking so much there is no way I could hit it. Where I am at if I ever get a chance at a 130 I would call it a once in a life time. I sure wouldn't mind having to make that decision though. Good luck to you.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

To pass up a 150 class buck would be a mistake. On the latest Monster buck video series, I beleive it was, Greg Miller himself who said "I would never pass up a 150 class buck with the bow, those encounters are just to rare!". Now to see as many 150 class bucks as you have claimed to see, that might turn the tables a little. I just can't beleive there are that many quality bucks in one area like that, even if it is a state park. I don't think the "big daddy" of the bucks would tolerate the presence of the others, especially once the rut gets going! Again, what state are you in?
Old 10-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

This place is in Md. Your right about seeing them at once but the rut hasn't begun. Though last year during the rut I did see the 8 and 10 together as they came up from the lower field. I'm pretty sure the 8 and 10 I saw this year we're the same ones. The big daddy wasn't seen last year.

This place is so over run with deer I don't think it matters too much. Last year I watched 6 bucks chasing does through the woods all around me. We're talking back and forth each on their own deer. They we're 6 and 8 pointers medium size racks. They would cross each others tracks not waivering from their own target.

I'm convinced to take one of the 150's if I get the chance. I won't take two if offered. I do want big daddy. It would be nice if he made it easy on me.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

150 is hella good for me haha
Old 10-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

This place is in Md.
Where, Potomac? Arn't you in the Cheverly area and asked about somewhere to hunt a while ago. I think it was you that I told about ARC over in Greenbelt wasn't it?
Old 10-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

No, not me. I saw the post though. I think I did reply to that post. I have access in Potomac area. Thats where my Pie Bald came from. That place is incredible. It is a close second to this new honey hole. If you've seen my post about the yard I could hunt because the husband wants all deer dead and the wife hates hunters. I've lost touch with that spot but in the 3 years I hunted it the wife never knew I was ever there.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yea, I saw that post, Just remember "Have bow will travel" LOL. Good luck over there. I knew someone a while back that hunted behind a Monastery or something like that in Potomac that bordered to a park. I have a pic somewhere of a monster he took there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.