Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do?

Old 10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What to do?

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Here is what I would do.

I would go have a talk with him and inform him that he poached that animal off of your property with out permission and there is no longer room for a poacher on your land and no longer has access to your property. Give him 24 hours to remove any stands or other property of his from your land.

Depending on the attitude he may give I would press charges for trespassing and poaching.

JMO good luck!
Excellent Post...exactly what should be done!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:02 AM

i just disagree with most of the posts here completely. its your neighbor for goodness sake. you've got to lie. tell him something happened with your insurance company and y'all can't let anyone but family under the policy hunt the land, period. tell him you're sorry, but it has to be this way for now. don't let on you know what happened. then tell him y'all think there may have been poachers out there because you found a blood trail and what looked like multiple footprints, and that you're going to have to call the sherriff if anything at all like this turns up again, and unfortunately, the way the policy is, you'll have to take whatever measures are necessary to keep even people you know off the land. don't start a war with a sneeky, neighbor who lies and engages in cover-up. it'll get all over the county, and who the heck needs that. things will get made up and exagerated. just give him a dose of his own medicine and leave him wondering. you'll still have a neighbor that way.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the replies, since he is my neighbor we're not going to press charges, i think that would be a little extreme for NOW. I think that I will just tell him we don't want him on the land and thats it, if he asks why I will say because he tried to pull a fast one and broke our trust with him and that he had other people on the land. Hopefully he will see what he did was wrong and can become a better person. I kinda feel bad for him because he doesn't have any land to hunt but oh well, thats the way its got to be. I just want to be honest with him and if he trespasses again charges may be soon to follow.Ok guys have a good one.