Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT people......

Old 10-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default ASAT people......

I know, this is the millionth thread on ASAT, but I would like someone to tell me about the 3d leafy jacket. I know that the pants have slits cut to access your regular pants pockets on the inside, but how 'bout the jacket? Are there storage pockets on it, or slits cut to acces your pockets on whatever you wear underneath? I wear a cabelas bowhunter vest all the time, is this gonna jive with that leafy top over top of it?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ASAT people......

but how 'bout the jacket? Are there storage pockets on it, or slits cut to acces your pockets on whatever you wear underneath?
There are no slits in the jacket I have.

I dont tuck the jacket in so access to the pockets of my coat are easy to get too.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, no slits in the jacket.....I usually leave mine partially unzipped.....but I don't keep things in my pockets that I need readily to use. I hang everything on the tree behind me except my rangefinder and my bino's....I have a tree strap with hooks.

The material making up the Vanish Pro 3D wear is virtually rip proof....I'd imagine you could slit the fabric wear you need to access pockets without fear of the slit growing. That is if you prefer to do that.

I hope that helps.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any problems accessing pockets. If they are chest pockets I just unzip the jacket a little to gain access. Otherwise I just pull up the jacket on whichever side to access the other pockets. I really don't have anything in my pockets anymore though. I carry a fanny pack or day pack for my gear. About the only thing I still have on me would be my grunt tube which I tuck inside the jacket when not in use.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

I was just curious. My main reason for asking is that I don't like to wear heavy gloves when bowhunting, and I usually keep my hands in my jacket pockets when it gets cold. Dilemmas dilemmas....... It does look like a pretty potent set up though, I still may buy it and see if I like it.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Okay, Okay . . . all this ASAT talk finally convinced me. I just ordered the 3D leafy suit. Tired of getting busted anyway. I am going to give it the ultimate on the ground test this weekend, if I get it by then.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Me too, just got off the phone with them! I hope the deer really like it...
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 PM

I have slits for pockets in my 3D ASAT Leafy Suit.