Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Lounge

Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Tree Lounge

Is there anybody that uses A tree Lounge that has made some modifications to it? Just looking for some new and good ideas?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Lounge

i put some white paint on the knobs just in case i drop one in the dark. i always carry extras but you never know. i also put different markings (slash marks and "x-S" with the same white paint on the holes where the back bar goes in so i know the screws in the bar are going in the same holes and not say hole 3 on one side and hole 4 on the other which has happened on occasion. i also found that using the 3rd hole on the archery platform arms works for me 9 times out of 10 so you can highlight the one that works best for you with the white paint. if i need to i can change the hole when im done climbing but i rarely ever have to. i dont suggest you do this but i have taken a metal drill bit called a (uni bit) to slightly open the entance taper of the holes for the bar so the bolts slide in easier. i dont drill all the way through the hole i just open it up a little to knock the paint off from the factory so the bolt slides in better. i always leave the chill pad on the whole season and then add the tree nest on top of that in the cold of winter.if you lay the tree nest in correctly and wrap the arm pads under then over the arm sides of the tree lounge correctly you shouldnt have to use any of those annoying black tie down straps. i have a bunch ideas other like using duct tape to tape the buckles on the carrystraps to the length i like and use all the time so they dont slide and change lengths on me.i glued some outdoor carpet to the bow platform to stop the noise from boot scuff . i could go on s
Old 10-13-2004, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the post keep them coming!
Old 10-15-2004, 07:53 PM

I have a gunhunters special with bow holder, and the only thing that I do is carry extra bungee cords and a small folding saw. I cut branches and bungee them to the platform perimeter, to make a "blind" in a tree. It has been very effective for me, and doesn't restrict my ability to shoot. It also allows me to hunt a little bit closer to the ground without being detected.