Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much of hunting is confidence

Old 10-14-2004, 08:00 PM
TTG

Default RE: How much of hunting is confidence

I don't beleive in LUCK , freinds that call you lucky after harvesting a mature deer is like a smack in the face. You made your own luck, countless hours of preperation, scouting, shooting,and setting up stands, getting up before the sun to find out its raining but you still go anyway.
You call this LUCK? I call it WORK and hard work pays off.
I dont meen to get off the subject but all this talk about luck just gets me going.
Some people rely on luck others just make it happen, and yes confidence plays a good part in making it happen. Good Hunting
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 PM

good question....
Hunting produces confidence....Just being out there is success in itself. If we learn something everytime we go out, small or big, it is a successful hunt.

I like my bringing my daughters with me so they can become more confident in life. They may not bring home a harvest every time. But, they are becoming confident in ways that other kids have no chance of seeing, knowing, or understanding, that never get to go into the woods.

Enjoy the journey.....
Old 10-15-2004, 05:11 AM

I can tell you as a coyote hunter of 30 + years confidence plays a huge part of your success in the field and success helps to build that confidence. Sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth but they go hand in hand.
I am just starting to get into bowhunting and know getting that first deer, no matter doe or buck, big or small will be a large boost to my confidence.
One of the biggest advantages I thought I always had over many of the guys I hunted with was just enjoying being out in the woods. Yes, they enjoyed it too but not to the same degree. They turned a enjoyable time of life into a job. Get in get it done and go home. Enjoy it. I know for sure I will and confidence will come too.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

...Confidence is sexy!

Without confidence there is no reason to stay in the stand...