Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DeerCam DC-200 Pics ***The Big Boy***

Old 10-11-2004, 06:27 PM

Default DeerCam DC-200 Pics ***The Big Boy***

Well guys,

Today I pulled the roll of film in my Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200 to see how it performs (this is the first roll through it). Well, I took it and got it 1 hour developed and was very pleased to find that I got pics of the big "12 point" in my back yard. I finally got a close up, full body pic of the big boy.

This buck is a main frame 8 point, he is probablly about 18" wide, he has a kicker on his left anter right at the base of the G-2, he also has 3 small "points" at the bottom of the base's. Well, when I scanned this pic, I scanned it at full size and noticed that he has a small split in his right brow tine, which would take him up to a "13 point".

Well, here he is....... anybody got a guess on live weight and age? This bucks body is huge, he walked through my back yard and left 1/2" prints in the yard, and when he walked through the food plot, his hooves were sinking almost 3" down into the dirt!

So guys, what do you think?

Old 10-11-2004, 06:35 PM

Default RE: DeerCam DC-200 Pics ***The Big Boy***

Okay guys, here is a close up of his head and antlers. You can barely make out he split brow tine in this pic, atleast I think it is a split. It is right off the back of his right G-2!

Old 10-11-2004, 06:38 PM

Great lookin Buck! Good Luck on getting him!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:39 PM

What do you mean by right G-2...

Right side of rack in pic or right side of rack as if you were looking from behind him.

Anyway super deer.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:44 PM

Mo,

When I say right, I mean his right, so if you were looking at him from behind. Look at his closest brow-tine and you can see a dark line going up right where the browtine starts to curve. It looks like a shadow from where a split comes.

I guess I'll just have to shoot him to find out for sure
Old 10-11-2004, 06:45 PM

First of all....very nice buck. Shooter in my book.

I'm not the best at guessing this stuff, but I'll take a stab. I'm guessing 185-195 field dressed and probably a 3 1/2 to 4 1/2. His head is down so it makes a little difficult to tell age from the way I usually do it(and I'm not right half of the time, so take it for what it's worth LOL). If his head was up, you could tell if he had any droop in his back and any bow to his belly. I really don't see a lot of that, so that's why I'm guessing 3 1/2- 4 1/2. Big boy is already starting to get a big neck. I'd say he hasn't hit his prime yet. Not that I'm really saying to let him walk though either.

I like all the junk he's got started around his bases!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:50 PM

Yea its really hard to tell from that pic. Hopefully you'll get to check him out a little closer later this season.

Good luck.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck, he is probably around 130-135" P&Y. I would guess him at about 4 1/2, he is starting to get a Roman nose. If he walked by my set up I wouldn't pass him.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next buck....I can't wait to get some more of my photos back. I really liked seeing the neck size on that buck, its not really big yet but its bulking up!

Good Luck on getting him!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:56 PM

Nice buck. I can't come up with more than 9 points though.

Quick Reply: DeerCam DC-200 Pics ***The Big Boy***

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.