Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Day Weather...(WV)

Old 10-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening Day Weather...(WV)

I have been watching the weather the last few days, and things are looking up. Looks like a chance of rain towards the end of the week, and a slight chance friday with a high of 55 and a low of 30. Then Saturday(opening day) the weather is supposed to carry over from Friday with a high of 56 and a low of 30. Should definetly be a cool opening day.

If most WV hunters are like myself, then we are dying to get into a tree this Saturday. Looks like the weather will be in the good if the rain tapers off around Thursday.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:44 PM

Default RE: Opening Day Weather...(WV)

I am a West Virginian and hunt in Fayette County. I am just like you. Itching to get out there. I wait for it all year long and I wish it opened yesterday. I have a couple places scouted out and anxious to get in them and see what they produce. I am loving this weather. I hope that this weather does carry all the way into the weekend and definately hitting that 30 mark in the lows. That would make for an awesome opening morning for a change as it seems the last few years have been hot. Just a few days to go and I am already making sure my stuff is ready to go. Not just my bow but all my gear. Good Luck
Whitey
Old 10-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here. I have checked and double checked my pack, just to make sure I got everything.....can't wait till Saturday. But I'm figuring on getting some squirrel tomorrow since it's supposed to frost tonight.

I just need to be in the woods...
Old 10-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am pumped. 3 more days at work and then my vacation starts. I'm off next week and I'm lookin to fill 3 tags and where I hunt there are plenty of deer. According to accuweather opening day looks like it's gonna be good. Almost Heaven is gonna be pure heaven in the Mountain State. I've been bowhunting now for nearly 26 years and I still like a kid on Christmas morning. Ya gotta love it. Happy Huntin.......
Old 10-13-2004, 07:42 PM

I hear you!!!

I can not wait. The weather is looking great. 30% chance of showers, meaning a good overcast day to keep deer moving.

I live in Kanawha Co., but I am traveling to Ritchie to hunt Saturday. I probably will not be able to sleep a bit Friday night.

Good luck, and Aim True.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I'll be out there, looking forward to it!
I wish WV would get on the ball and open the season before it's half over. It kills me to hear about guys hunting for a month or more before WV opens. Hopefully it will be a good day weather wise. Good luck guys
Old 10-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be 25' up in Braxton county this Saturday. Hopin to bag a nice-un.

I don't want to sound like a grump or jerk...but the youth squirrel hunt is a joke. How much hunting pressure is there during squirrel season that they need to take away a WEEK from bowhunters?

I'm all for the youth seasons...but WV could surely start squirrel season in early sept or even august. WV has the shortest bow season that I am aware of...and last year it got a week shorter.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Exactly Wv hunter, ive been hearing hunting stories from all my buddies at work in Va who are already bowhunting. Not too mention the ones on here from states that have been open for a long long time aready. It seems like every year the WV dnr is giving us more chances to take does, maybe if they open archery season in september more people would get out and take some more.

Got my bow out of the shop yesterday cant wait to get out. I have to work saturday night thru tuesday so i probably wont get out to thursday.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:51 PM

Here's hoping that the weather keeps them active towards the end of next week as well.
Due to limited vacation time left, I will not be able to hit the woods (Nicholas County) until
next wednsday. Then it's hunt thru Saturday , and back to the mailroute <g>.

This will be my first time hunting out of a climber... and due to my moderate fear of heights
I hope I can manage to get at least 8 or 9 feet off of the ground before panic sets in <g>.

Good luck to everybody. Save a few for those of us poor souls working opening day.....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goodluck to all you guys here in WV Saturday. I can't wait to get out in Calhoun County, and get in the stand Saturday morning. Yesterday after the hard rain, the fields were filled with deer, and I even seen several nice buck's. I've also got several on the Trail Cam. Hopefully the weather stays cool all day Saturday like it's predicted to.

Just two more days!

Quick Reply: Opening Day Weather...(WV)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.