Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Day Weather...(WV)

Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opening Day Weather...(WV)

I'm taking down the wife and kids this weekend for the first time and might pop a few squirrels. I told my wife I might go bowhunting in the morning of the opener and she said "no way," even though I'd be back right after they wake up and call me on the two way radio. Oh well, I'll be back to hunt several days next week anyhow.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys there's some bad news now the weather channel is saying that the wind is going to blow around 30 mph on saturday,that sucks,so you guys strap in your tree good and tight and good luck.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that Gutshot...I hate wind. Can't hear, and everything is moving but the deer. I may try some stalking.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

30mph wind......[:'(]

That's not good. Although my 6pt was shot last year on a windy day. Either way I'll be on stand Saturday morning.

Gutshot, you are only 25-30 miles from me. I live just north of you on I-79 at the Big Otter exit.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

add me to the list of those who would like to get that extra week back. third saturday is way to late. If your going to keep the youth hunt, make it a week earlier, dont take away bow season.

ill be in the tree saturday. hopefully the wind will be calm. the stand i was plannin on hunting is in a rather skinny tree. well any morning in the woods is better than a morning not in it.

best of luck to all
Old 10-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

hey last i saw (which was Thursday at 8:30pm) they knocked the wind down from 30 mph to 16 on saturday. still this isn't the best, but better than 30!!!

but if the wind dies down it should make for a great morning!
good luck to everyone saturday
hopefully i'll be having backstraps for dinner
Old 10-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday looks like a high of 53, with a low of 40......30% chance of scattered showers with wind.....

Saturday looksl ike a high of 50, with a low of 30.....50% chance of AM showers with wind around 10mph.....

So it looks like I'll be on stand all day. Goodluck to everyone that get's the chance to be out in the woods.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:22 PM

The weather looks like it is getting better all the time.

I guess I will be driving right past you tomorrow night HighCountry. I get off I-79 at Big Otter to go to Smithville.

Good luck everyone. Stay safe.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:18 AM
TDH

Hello WV boy. It sounds like everyone has the fever. Good luck to everyone during this hunting season. If you guys get a deer post a pic. I am a McDowell county hunter and will not get to hunt this year. I would enjoy seeing pics of the nice deer taken and hear about the stories. I am stuck in Iraq and only get to read about all the hunting. Well I do get to hunt Iraqi bad guys. Ha Ha.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:57 AM

Hey TDH

I appreciate you fighting for us! I will definitely remember you and your

fellow soldiers that are defending my freedom to be able to hunt.

ONE MORE DAY 'TIL THE SEASON OPENS!!!!!

Good luck everyone.

Quick Reply: Opening Day Weather...(WV)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.