Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Personal Dilema........need advice.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Personal Dilema........need advice.

ORIGINAL: 1TIME

It sounds like he does not have the same practice area available to him.
He lives 1/4 mile away from me and has complete access to my home inside and out any time he needs or wants it.

Nor the passion of archery like you do.

He says he does...........but sure has a funny way of showing it.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:16 PM

It's still not the same as walking out your own back door to shoot a quick 30 right at sun set. You know what I mean? But if he really wanted to shoot he would. In a perfect world you 3 would go in there dialed. Unfortunately that's not the case. You’re probably the expert of the group and all you can do is make your expertise available to your brother.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:35 PM

Atlas dont take this wrong just another point of veiw but you say its not a competition? then why are you saying your the best?Iam getting the feeling that wether you see it or not it or want to admit it you and your brothers have turned it into just that a cpmpetition and iam sure there is some ribbing and ball busting going on.I think i would lighten up on him and let him work out his own demons and i think if you dont want it to be a competition then drop iam the Best slogan and maybe he might come to you for help just mho.

Old 10-11-2004, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: sneekky

Atlas dont take this wrong just another point of veiw but you say its not a competition? then why are you saying your the best?
Because I consistently shoot tighter groups at longer ranges and always shoot higher scores at 3D shoots. Just a fact........they would both tell you the same thing.

Iam getting the feeling that wether you see it or not it or want to admit it you and your brothers have turned it into just that a cpmpetition and iam sure there is some ribbing and ball busting going on.
We don't even shoot together any more so I don't see how it could be a competition...........sure when we used to shoot 3D we busted each others balls but who doesn't at a 3D shoot with friends and family?

I think i would lighten up on him and let him work out his own demons and i think if you dont want it to be a competition then drop iam the Best slogan and maybe he might come to you for help just mho.

I don't say anything to him unless he initiates the topic.............and again since we rarely see each other in the offseason with bows in hand anymore I don't see how it could be a competition.

I just used the term "best shot" in passing. Don't get too hung up on it. He would be just as good a shot as me if he practiced as much as he used to. The whole story has nothing to do with skill..........and everything to do with just putting in proper practice time.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Go out and have some fun. Don't get so bent out of shape over your brother. Your lucky to have two brothers to go out hunting with. Enjoy your time together, it will all be ove before you know it
Old 10-11-2004, 11:02 PM

Perhaps some people are reading too much into what I have said.

I wouldn't give up hunting with my brother for anything. We barely even discuss the topic.

He doesn't ask for help so I don't offer. If he wants my help I am there 100%

This is something that frustrates me personally because being the way I am I just don't understand why someone would go into such a difficult task unprepared.

Oh well........hopefully I will have him throwing darts again on Wed and he will drop a nice buck this weekend.

[All 10 fingers crossed]

Old 10-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck atlasman. Let us know how the hunt goes...