Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THIS IS INSANE!

Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 PM

Default THIS IS INSANE!

Every weekend I finally get out of school and get a chance to go bowhunting. Every weekend, something screws up my hunt. Last weekend I only had two arrows since my pro shop decided I should have to wait 13 days to get my arrows back. I told them I wanted two green and one white vane. I also wanted a hard helical. Well he 1/2 @$$ed the job and read the top of the tag. He put the right color vanes on, but he forgot the helical. I had to drive home and grab some more vanes and drive all the way back. (I put a little pressure on the gas causing it to screw up his gravel parking lot.[:-]) I still don't have my arrows.

I just got everything I needed packed and ready to go for tomorrow. I turn on the news and see some %&^ $@#^ tropical storm coming right for me! I have a feeling this will screw up my weekend hunt.

Sorry to ramble but I'm kinda mad![:@]
Old 10-08-2004, 09:44 PM

Default RE: THIS IS INSANE!

13 DAYS! What's up with that? I probably wouldn't have spun out his parking lot though. It's like complaining about food service before you get your meal; you never know what they'll do to it before you get it. He may remember you forever and crap on all your archery needs.[:@]
Old 10-08-2004, 09:49 PM

No he made it into a little joke. He said you must have a heavy petal. I told him I was wearing steel toed boots. This shop askes you for your phone number. I have left things up there 5 times and have yet to get a call!
Old 10-09-2004, 12:24 AM

That sucks zak. I haven't heard about another tropical storm expected to hit the coast. Perhaps I should watch more television. Anyways, the last few days I managed to get out and in my stand the wind has been crazy. Switching back and forth with kind of sucks. Though the cold front is starting to come in and that's a good thing.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Zak.
If he screwed up the job why did you have to go home to get more vanes?

If I was you I would get an AEF and do your own arrows it works out cheaper in the long run.

As for your luck then join the club our season opened last Saturday I work Sat and Sun so I head to the lease 194 miles 1 way after work Sunday night get down there a bit after 2am, 3am it starts to rain and poured rain all day Monday. I did not even unpack the bow.

Hope it gets better for ya
Old 10-09-2004, 02:24 AM

Your shop sounds like a place I go to here in town. Everytime I order new arrows they take my number and say they'll call everytime but it never fails about a week or so later I have to go in there and ask if they're ready and ofcourse they're just laying back on his work bench with a note saying to call me.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:51 AM
kec

Your Lucky your shop even does them (custom arrows) during bow season. My shop posts a sign in January that no custom arrows will be made after August 31. Not a problem for me as I make my own. You can always purchase pre-made arrows though any time of year.

KEC
Old 10-09-2004, 12:14 PM

wow you must be pissed? i get my arrows as fast as i order them same day sometimes in middleborough massachusetts reedys archery great place to bad you dont live in mass lol.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:16 PM

With the price of gas and the cost of your time, order an Arizona EZ fletcher and do them at home yourself any way you like them.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Zak!

Don't fret about it ,it only takes one arrow and one hunt to possibly get your deer .It's a long season so I'm sure you'll get lot's of time to fulfill your tag. Good luck your day's coming .

nubo

Quick Reply: THIS IS INSANE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.