Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unlimited doe kills

Old 10-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Unlimited doe kills

I bought my license this week and found out that it is now unlimited for antlerless deer. You can kill as many as you want in bow season. They don't even limit the number in a day. It's a free-for-all. Your allowed 2 bucks but must kill 2 antlerless deer before you get the second buck. I bet next year they go to kill 1 or 2 to earn a buck. I think PETA is loosing this battle.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:12 PM

Default RE: Unlimited doe kills

FM- are you from Maryland too? Ours isn't unlimted does, but you can kill 10 of 'em. Each season- muzzleloader, rifle and bow, you can kill 10 does and 2 bucks for a grand total of 36...
Old 10-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

In southwestern CT you can get replacement doe tags till the quota's met, which to my knowledge never happens. You get 2 antlerless tags & 2 either sex with your license.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes thats where I hunt. They created special rules now and it is unlimited during archery season in 5 counties. Shoot as many as you want. I guess life sucks being a doe.

No extra tags are needed but I guess you still have to check it in. That seems like a waste to me. I guess some bean counter wants to play with numbers.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

pretty sure IL is the same the way
Old 10-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, here in IL bowtags are $26 for a pair and there is NO limit. The season Buck limit is 2, regardless of weapon or combo of.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Is there a daily limit in Il? MD there isn't and I didn't see where you if you must shoot check in shoot check in. I don't think so. I might have to go out to one of my doe areas and shoot as many as I can in one sitting. That would great to take odds on that.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO daily limit
Old 10-08-2004, 07:37 PM

Dang....that's a lot of venison and a lot of $$ spent on broadheads! lol I hope you guys have a good food shelf program to give your deer away. You guys could sure help a lot of people out with unlimited tags.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

WOW...I thought only us WI hunters had to deal with this. Here in the CWD zones, we can receive 4 tags per day for doe. The thing here though is that it's also EAB....for every doe we shoot, we get a buck tag. If I wanted to, I could have hundreds of tags....lol It's absolutely crazy here, and the DNR shows no sign on letting up on the whole deal.

Quick Reply: Unlimited doe kills

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.