Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech versus Mathews???

Old 10-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech versus Mathews???

I got an older bow from a friend to use this season, which is good because then I can save up and buy the bow I really want for 2005.... I am leaning towards either a Mathews or a Bowtech for the bow I want..I like how bowtech has more to offer with the Patriot,Liberty, ect in the axel to axel range I want, the downside is Mathews only really has the Outback, and legacy, and LX(brace on lx is kinda low)

I am wondering has anyone shot the outback and the liberty, or Patriot(single cams) and can tell me the goods and bads of both???

anyone know what either company has in store for 2005?

The bow I buy will be used for Bowhunting deer,turkey, and hopefully sometime next year I will try to go on a bear or elk hunt if the money is right, but I will also be using the bow for 3D in the offseason, start with bowhunter class, and work my way up to maybe the long stake hehe

Thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech versus Mathews???

Itried all of the Mathews you metioned and shot the patriot SC and dully. I decided on the Patriot SC. It is smooth fast and quiet. I think the best thing I liked about it is the 80% left off. It seems that as soon as you put pressure on the draw you are breaking over and this seems to me to make the Mathews feel a lot more harsh.

All are ggod bows. the best thing to do is go and shoot them for your self and this late in the year wait until the 2005's comes out. i hear bowtech has alot instore for us next year.

Also don't forget about Parker, Hoyt, and Martin. They have great bows 2.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion? They're both very nice bows. Though I must say that I'd lean toward the Bowtechs each time. That draw cycle on the Liberty is sick. I don't shoot either brand personally, but would not hesitate to pick up a Bowtech next year if Hoyt doesn't have anything too impressive out.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 AM

Out of the three you mentioned I would go with the Patriot. They are all nice: Quiet, accurate, little shock. The bowtechs have better strings and the patriot is a lot faster.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Bowtech Liberty 80 . 2004 model, its by far the smoothest drawing 80lb bow I have owned. I had the VFT last year.. the samson 80.. if the 80 liberty is as smooth and quiet like mine is...I can only imagine how sweet and easy the 70 lb liberty is especially with 80% let off.. My bow is 65% to meet our state guidelines .. Good luck
Old 10-08-2004, 01:37 PM
BT
Typical Buck

My cousion has the BT patrirt,and libberty.
one of his buddys has the justice.

They both went from mathews to BT.

they both say the bt are faster and better shooting bows.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Whats a Bowtech????

Psssssst....Get an Outback.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a review of the Patriot VFT SC I wrote a couple months ago. Hope it helps you out.

http://www.hunting-fishing-gear.com/...splay/644.html
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have aBowtech Patriot 04 and a Mathews Q2XL and between the 2 I like the Patriot much better. It's not only faster and lighter it's more accurate for me anyhow. I would highly recommend the Patriot. Jim.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:44 PM

i shoot a mathews LX and couldnt be more pleased with it. the outback is really nice too. Dont forget the Hoyt Xtec or Viper Tec...both really nice bows

slayer

Quick Reply: Bowtech versus Mathews???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.