Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech versus Mathews???

Old 10-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech versus Mathews???

First off, let me say that both are great companies and you will not go wrong with either one, ALTHOUGH[8D] I would have to agree with shed33 and muzzyman, the draw cycle on the liberty is SICK, in a good way, and I also own an 80lb '04 liberty and it DOES not feel like 80lbs. I decided to go with the 8- lber after owning a 70lber and using it for competative 3-d hunter class. I have already taken an animal with the 80lber and was really impressed with it's performance, smooth, quiet, and fast. but like I said either company is good. JMHO
Old 10-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot them all! And dont limit yourself to bows leading the popularity contest. Shoot a Mathews Icon as well as all the others. I found it to be the smoothest drawing bow of all bows mentioned thus far. Dont limit yourself to brand popularity either , Hoyt has some fantastic bows as do many other manufacturers.

C'mon Koontzy , youv'e been around here long enough to know the routine!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have really liked the Mathews bows I have shot and my backup is an Ultra-Max. Never have shot a Bowtech, Why? because there are no dealers for 100 miles in any direction!!!
Pretty hard to buy a bow you can't get service for where you plan to hunt.
Try many and choose the one that fits and feels best to you.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Patriot SC after doing exactly what you are doing. I liked the Mathews also, but the Bowtech worked better for me. This year already I have shot 4 deer and every single one was a passthrough and buried in the ground 4 inches. Unbelievable performance! In my opinion I like the Bowtechs better. And are generally a tad cheaper. Good Luck!