Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

Old 10-07-2004, 02:07 AM

Default RE: PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

WOW what a monster cant wait to hear the score
Old 10-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you for the rest of the story and the other pics. Definitely one heck of a nice deer. Congratulations again to the hunter.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

cardeer, I thought they were modern mennonites as well based on what the little girl was wearing. I work in Ephrata and agree with it being very developed with mostly farms and not many big woods. This is deffinately a deer that spent it's life near houses in small patches of woods and cornfields. I guess this is what you would call a corn fed deer.

reflexkid, the typical state archery record shot with a bow was taken in 1995 in Bucks county and scored 174 7/8. If this buck didn't have so many deductions he probably would have topped that. The non-typical state archery record was taken in 1988 in lehigh county and scored 203 3/8 which I don't think this deer is going to top if he is scored that way. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. You just have to remember that this rack may not look as big in some of the pics but it's sitting on the head of a 256 pound deer. Imaging seeing that thing on a normal 140 pound buck like we usually see around here. The thing wouldn't even be able to walk. Oh and by the way the deer you are referring to was the non-typical record taken with a gun in erie county in 1942 which scored 238 6/8.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:55 AM

One heck of a deer. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

Bearklr, How ironic is this. I work with a Guy @ lancaster archery that knows that guy through a frined that shot it. I got a slightly different story but they are really close. The guy I work with said it was awesome up close. He is guessing approx. 190 class?? who knows. All I know is that I hope to shoot something like that or even close to that in ILL. this year. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great deer and thanks for the pics!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man what a buck for early season!!! You say he shot it in the chest with a bow??[] Man that is crazy! Working a scrape already?? I better start making some mock scrapes this weekend if thats the case homey!!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

nice pic
Old 10-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

What an awesome buck!! Thanks for filling us in.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:33 AM

The farm it was shot on is Zimmerman's off of 772. (Keller's mountains). I have asked to hunt there several times, with no success. Last year when I asked, we got to talking and he showed pics of a huge 9 point he shot in the last week of the '02 season. He told me he "settled" for the 9 (BTW, it probably scored in the 140's) because the monster he was after outsmarted hima couple times. I wonder if this is the monster two years later??

Quick Reply: PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.