Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks neighbor !

Old 10-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thanks neighbor !

Well, I hate to say it, But I know where I'd be at first light. It is my responsibility to recover that animal, whether the law agrees with me or not.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear this. But that is typical Pa. Around here people would kill to do better then the next guy.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

When he left for work I'd be getting my deer.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James Vee

That sounds like some BS. I know that in WI you have by law the right to track your deer regardless of who's property it is on.
I wish it was that way here in PA. [&:] Our game commission will tell you that you have to have landowner permission before entering the property.

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

When he left for work I'd be getting my deer.
Trust me, the thought crossed my mind. The problem is that his business is on his property so he never really leaves for work.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Spike

go in at nite and get there deer when he is sleeping ya u will be tresspassin but............ull get the deer whats the chances he will see u just be rilly quiet...thats what i would do

hunthingmighigaN
Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like some BS. I know that in WI you have by law the right to track your deer regardless of who's property it is on.
No offense here but could you direct me to the law that states that. I live in WI and my problem (see above post) 12 years ago was here in WI. At that time the law stated I had to have land owner permission to step foot on the property. Last I knew it is still the same. I would just like to have a copy of that law in case it ever comes up again.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

No offense here but could you direct me to the law that states that. I live in WI and my problem (see above post) 12 years ago was here in WI. At that time the law stated I had to have land owner permission to step foot on the property. Last I knew it is still the same. I would just like to have a copy of that law in case it ever comes up again.
I am also from Wisconsin, and my understanding has always been that private property is off-limits without permission. I think he's mistaken. I wish all states used Iowa's law. You can enter private property to recover a wounded animal as long as you are not carrying a weapon. Good law, IMO.

To the topic at hand, I am not one to go out of my way to break the law, but in these cases I would rather ask forgiveness than permission. If you're smart about it, the likelyhood of getting caught is small. Take it from me. I've been there on more than one occasion. Urban bowhunting has its drawbacks.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 PM

Personally I just hang out at home until Mr. Pr!ck goes to work. When he dose and I'm sure he won't skip work to keep you out I'd be in there getting my deer.

This is definately a tough situation. Breaking laws isn't a good idea but I'd have a very hard time latting any animal go to waste. IMO letting the animal rot would be the unethical decision.

I truly hope all goes well for you. I agree 100% with neck. If you meet face to face cooler heads prevail(if not club him)
Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Baggin Biggins is absolutely correct. Here in Iowa you can go onto anyones property including state preserves to recover or track a wounded animal as long as you don't carry a weapon. I think that all the states should follow suit with Iowa and pass the same Law. I say that if the deer was wounded when it went on yer property then it is your morale obligation to let someone on yer property to recover it. Come to thnk of it a few years ago during shotgun season I wounded a nice small racked 8 and he crossed the road into some ground that a local outfitter had rented from a farmer I know. Weel I called the game warden and told him what had happened and he asked me where and when the deer went in and I explained to him the situation. He volunteered to go with me and look for this deer because he hated this outfitter. He said just lean yer shotgun against the inside fence where you shot the deer and go get my buck. Well I went in alone that same day and low and behold when I got on the ridge there was all kinds of orange all around. Evidently they were putting on a drive, well I just marched right on through on the blood trail and you want too talk about some pissed off hunters. But they couldn't do a thing cause there was a visible bloodtrail. The outfitter called the game warden and the warden explained that he/she interfered with me they could be arrested for something I can't remember what it was. Just a long story about how well the law works here in Iowa. Oh by the way someone beat me to my deer I wonder if that was why they wanted me out of there so bad??????
Old 10-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iowa has a law like THAT. How would someone like me go about trying to get a law passed like that here in WI. That is probably the most fair (and ethical) law I have ever heard. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Thanks neighbor !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.