Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My big buck got stuck last night

Old 10-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My big buck got stuck last night

Sounds like around here. Stab your neighbor,stick a deer on his property. Most hunters around here think their only responsibilty to hunting is stick one or blast one. They never put back in the system,just take. Good for you and your effort to plant and give back..As far as your neighbor a slum hunter.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:03 PM

neibors can be a pain in the neck. But there aint a thing you can do. We are lucky that not many people around us hunt but the problem is that our neibors to the south heard I was fishing on there land and he want let me park on there property to access the back section of land on the other side of the creek. What happened was that one summer day I went fishing w/ a friend from out of town and on the way back through I drove to the back side to show him where I hunt and on the way out a friend of the owners was following me out and oh by the way his brother played baseball for me so he didn't like me because I made him work to hard ya no. So he told th owner that I was fishing on there land because I had tubes in the back of my pickup and that I ran from them ( ya right ). So now I can't park on there land anymore because he believes the a-hole friend of his. Sorry a little venting on my part too.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:04 PM

Well I had the surveyor here a while ago. The treeline he has his stands in are mine. So friday I will be putting up a new fence on the other side of the tree line. I already told him to take down his stands by then, or they will be mine. He's more than a little pi$$ed right now. I told hime he could work with me, or against, it was his decision. I have asked him in the past for help with things. Out of 200 acres, 150 are planted. I do it all my self. With the exception of 15 acres of beans. The other neighbor plants them. It's a lot of work. And I do understand it's not "my" buck. But that deer got to be that way because of my labor. Not his. He just benefited from it. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:25 PM

Out of 200 acres, 150 are planted.
Wow brother! That's a lot of work. It sure is good for the soul though
Old 10-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the neighbor now sounds like you really ticked him off. But hey a guy has to do what a guy has to do. Don't worry those does will bring another big boy onto yer property to eat at one of yer food plots just be ready when she does.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Badatta2d

If he really shot it on your land that's ashame. But to label a free ranging deer "My big buck" is setting yourself up for disappointment.
I'm sure other deer that don't use your plots most of the year will venture through your land, especially once the rut hits. The big one you shoot might be someone elses self proclaimed Big buck.
Yeah I gotta agree with this...it's just the beginning of the season!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:24 PM

if they are putting up stands on the fence line and taking deer of your well food ploted land then just contaminate his stands make the deer travel a differnet way urinate all around his stands on the trails that go by his stands leave your sent all over the place.

THIS IS A LAST RESORT THESE ACTS WILL NO DOUBT PI$$ HIM OFF BAD IF HE CATCHES YOU OF COUSRE, BUT WHEN HE WON'T DO HIS SHARE OR WON'T RESPECT YOUR WISHES AND IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT HE THINKS ITS NO BIG DEAL BECAUSE YOUR NEIGHBOURS. I HAVE NEVER DONE ANY OF THESE TERRIBLE ACTS AND DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM BUT I WON'T TELL IF YOU DON'T
Old 10-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know for a fact he shot that deer while it was on my land. I was watching him. I just went over and admired the deer. I figure their is no reason to start a feud. It just honks me off.
You really need to get past that non-confrontational part of you!
No offense , but dont pi$$ and moan when you let it happen with no consequences. If someone shot a deer on my land without permission I'd be doing alot more than going over to admire the deer.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Good for him.. he did something right maybe. REally, it's NOT your deer. That's why we have fair chase and all that. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe his property offers something yours didn't. Like maybe not as much activity, cover, access to food(your plots) etc. You don't have to spend everyday walking the territory to have a good deer habitat or animals. Sometimes its just let mother nature do her thing and quietly trying to figure out what she's doing. If it's a buck of the caliber your talking about, he didn't get that way being stupid and the guy/neighbor probably figured something out. We're not sure if he benefits from your hard work or his savy hunting skills and attention to detail. You don't have to necessarily have to over manage your land to shoot quality animals. You have no reason or grounds for starting a feud. The animals are free ranging as they should be and he took advantage of a bucks habits. If anything, you should congratulate him and try to figure out what he knew that you didn't. You may not like it, but he won/succeeded. Why would you be ticked about that? It's his land and now the deer is his. End of story. Spending countless hours and months grooming a crop does not necessarily give you claim rights to all the deer in the area. Your crops may make for a healthy herd but at the same time they make the deer more patternable. Your neighbor seems to have figured it out if he does it year after year to you. By the way, he doesn't see it as doing it to you. He calls it hunting.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with most that you have said David, but I think the arguement here is that the guy shot the deer on Longrifle's land.

Quick Reply: My big buck got stuck last night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.