Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smells, Scents, Scentcover, yada yada yada

Old 10-07-2004, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Smells, Scents, Scentcover, yada yada yada

Does are generallly more protective and timid than bucks.
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what?[8D]
Old 10-07-2004, 07:40 AM

Now did you pay attention to where your smoke was going? If you watched your smoke drift on the wind you could start to understand why sometimes they will smell you and sometimes they won't. Right now I'm thinking your thinking it doesn't make any difference. But It does. You must understand a deer can only smell what gets to it's nose. Understanding where your scent was going is a big plus for deer hunting.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

[
Did you ever notice that the only people that dispute the need for scent control are smokers?
not a smoker or tabaco user, i don't own a scent suit, i still beleive your best option is to play the wind, weather you smoke, have bad breath, have bo, or fart alot, we all stink to a deer. i take every precaution i can scent free soap, shampoo, and deoderant, but you'll NEVER be totally scent free
Old 10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is too funny, opening day last saturday, i was in my stand with a southwest wind, which i shouldnt have hunted that area with the wind blowing that way anyway, but.......................i started smelling cigarette smoke, and i thought i was going crazy, i just thought maybe it was coming off of the ohio river since i am on top of this draw. About half an hour later around noon here comes my uncle with a cigarette in his mouth!! I told him i thought i was going crazy!! I asked him where he was hunting and he said about 200yds away, so if i can smell that from that far, imagine what a deer can smell that far!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

thats neat