Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I did it, my best buck ever.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default I did it, my best buck ever.

I am a happy hunter. Yesterday evening I took my best buck ever. He was a perfect 10 point and weighed 190 pounds. I passed up 4 bucks, and the one I took was traveling with a dandy one too. I would of took him, but I heard a stick break and throwed the nikons on the one in back and about fell out of the tree. They were going at an angle away from my stand, and I hit the young buck grunt on my true talker and they stopped. I called to them 3 or 4 times and they would just flick their tails. So I hit the old buck grunt and that seemed to be the medicine cause they turned and headed my way. I let the first one pass within 10 yards gambling on the bigger one. The bigger one came the same way, and got 10 yards from me and stopped behind some brush. He threw his head up and stomped a couple times, I was thinking oh no, the wind was in my favor, but at the time he stopped there it started to swirl a little. I had bathed in my hs soap and had scent away and earth scent on and I guess he just couldn't figure me out. He started on the same trail the other one took and just before he got to it he turned and was heading straight away from me. I was getting nervous about then. I grabbed the true talker and hit the grunt, which caused him to stop. He took about 5 steps to the right and stopped slightly quartering away. I found one hole about the size of a plate to shoot through and my arrow threaded right through the center. It almost knocked him down and he took off. I heard sticks breaking and then a crash. He then let out 3 big gasps, and I knew I had lunged him. I waited about 30 minutes and got down real quiet and went to the truck. I waited about an hour then went back in, found my arrow and started tracking. the carbon express 3d select was soaked and it was a solid blood trail. That little 100 grain muzzy did it's job. I shined my light and their he layed. He was down right where I heard the crash, about 50 yards from my stand. Its real thick around my stand and I couldn't see him go down, I wished I could. I came to the house real quick to get help, and the truth be known I probably looked like a camoflauge vapor trail coming out LOL. My two little boys who have just started gun hunting in the past season came in with me. I let them follow the blood trail for experience and when they looked up and saw him, they throwed a fit. They told me that they were happy for me because they know I have wanted a deer like this my whole life, and that god must have been with me on the hunt. That meant more to me than anything. What a hunt and what memories. I have some pictures, and if I can figure out how to post them I will. My wife is the computer person, I don't know much about that stuff. By the way the guy I took him to for the mount said he would make pope and young. I wish you all the best this season and I hope you all experience what I have. Sorry so long, but like I said before, I am a happy hunter. Bhunter32.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:58 PM

Default RE: I did it, my best buck ever.

Way to go man, Congrats!
Old 10-05-2004, 06:59 PM

congrats .....it feels good ......you will always remember it to
Old 10-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whooo Hooooo! Good Job, Sounds like you earned it. I am dying to see the pics please hurry with them. Again congrats on a awesome hunt!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bhunter32! congrat's on the dandy buck he sure sound's great. I'll be waiting to see the pic's .

nubo
Old 10-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go! What kind of a grunt is it that you use? ..........dabow
Old 10-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Spike

congrats!!! id like to see some pics too

huntingmichigan
Old 10-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome and congrats. Have you wife start an account at www.photobucket.com and put them there. Then like to them here. That site seems to work the best for me.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

dabow, it is the hunter specialities true talker. It's the best grunt call I have ever used. I got to live my hunt all over again typing my post. i was getting excited and sweaty just telling you all about it. Thanks for all the responses, and like I said before I wish you all the same luck and memories that I have been blessed with. Shoot straight and aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats BHunter32!

Quick Reply: I did it, my best buck ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.