Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suggestions for cold grip hand

Old 10-03-2004, 11:51 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default Suggestions for cold grip hand

I just spent two weeks stillhunting in Wyoming, and my grip hand was very cold. I can only wear light wool gloves to maintain proper accuracy, so I'm looking for suggestions for something to wrap around the grip to provide a little insulation. Sims makes some insulating tape, but $15 for a few feet of dimpled tape is a little steep. Any other suggestions? Innertube strips? Hockey tape? Paracord a la Kabar knives? What's worked for you?
Please keep in mind that I'm on the ground carrying the bow, so the usual treestand solutions such as muffs or handwarmers don't apply.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:28 PM

Default RE: Suggestions for cold grip hand

BTM i put the simms hand grip on my bow 3 years ago an i have to say it was the best 15 bucks i spent not only does it help with the cold hand grip,, but also reduces hand shock for you,
when you are spending hundreds of dollars every year on equipment the 15 you spend on the simms product will seem small.try the simms product you wont be disapointed