Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ab-Scent Garment Question

Old 10-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ab-Scent Garment Question

Turned 30 today and got a pair of Ab-Scent underwear, shirt and pants. Well at first I was pretty excited about it but then I started reading the package.

Scent this, fabric that - then I read the bottom "Content: 100% Polyester" Hmmm so wheres the scent reducing fabric??? Shouldn't that be listed somewhere? So I look for their website. Quoted from their website below.

Scent-stopping Guide Gear® Ab-Scent™ Gear is comfortable, durable and a GREAT value!

Prevents, reduces and absorbs odors to give you the scent-free edge. Revolutionary Ab-Scent™ technology is woven into every thread to ensure maximum effectiveness. Plus, Ab-Scent™ garments have excellent "wickability." That means they transfer body moisture from the layer closest to your body to the layer furthest away to help you stay dry and comfortable in all seasons and climates. And, because of the unique "woven-in" technology, these garments don't have extra layering treatments that require special laundering... just machine wash / line dry. Ab-Scent™ retains its effectiveness, wash after wash! Imported.
Sounds like a colorful description of polyester to me. Anybody have any info on this product? Anyone try it and like it or hate it? I have noticed the fabric is a little stiff - could cause some serious noise under your clothes.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ab-Scent Garment Question

Kindly say thank you for the great gift. Then take it back to the store and exchange it for some X-scent!
Old 10-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

bump - any other opinions?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

This will be my second season using AbScent and so far I like it .
I have an olive union suit and the 2 piece outfit in Superflauge . So far no deer have spooked from being downwind of me despite a rather sweaty climb to my spot . I don't know what's supposed to be "woven in" to the fabric but it seems to work . Regular poly will definitely stink when you sweat , so there has to be something else in there .