Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blew it!!!

Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 AM

Default blew it!!!

well tonight i really blew it,, ive been trying to pinpoint where the deer ar getting water and it took a while to figure it out,, but i checked a pond right by my hous that ive never hunted around, because of where it is.. well it was covered up with tracks, so i tried it last night and passed on teo small bucks. This evening there was a cool front and it tried it again,, i thought about hanging a stand in the only tree around,, but didnt think id have a good shot,, so i sat in the cattails again in kind of a ground blind across from where they were drinking. Well wouldnt you know it at 6 30 a real thumper came and stood right under the only tree around,, the one i didnt hang a stand in.. It was 40 yards away, and i the open, so i got my bow and got rady to take the shot,, but as i started to draw,, he just knew something was up,, and turned and walked away,, not really scared but he wasnt staying around any more.. He was a big bodied deer his rack was up in a tree branch, but i think he was a mainframe 10 sith a split g-2 and it looked like a ton of sticker points, and awesome mass.. Id guess him in the 140s,, i hope i get another crack at him,, the stand is going up tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: blew it!!!

Best of luck to ya. Things like that have happened to me this season also. The first night I went out I saw a nice trail leading out into some corn and thought, I should sit downwind of that trail, but no, I kept on walking. Then on my way out, there were 2 bucks feeding that looked like they had just come from the trail.
And tonight the bucks I saw were feeding about 10 yards from where I was looking to sit, but I decided to sit about 60 yards from where they came out.
**** happens, thats what makes this fun right
Old 10-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: blew it!!!

Well guy's that's what we call second guessing ourselves ,not to worry there's a long season ahead of us stick with it and good thing's will happen to those who wait.

nubo