Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guess what I seen...

Old 09-30-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Guess what I seen...

I was out target shooting last night, but I got bored because of the wind, so I decided to climb up into my scouting tree overlooking the field with where my stand is located. Well, I happend to see a piebald doe right out in front of my stand! *woo hoo*. Yeah, I think it would be neat to shoot a piebald deer, so I'm staying here for the weekend opener now, hoping to drop that doe before someone else does.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guess what I seen...

Theres an article in bowhunting mag this month on piebalds. It is primarily from inbreeding and it's advisible to get those genes out of the herd. Is your buck to doe ratio out of whack pretty bad?

I am no expert just going off what I read in 1 article.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go get it man.something I have wanted for 45 years. Had a chance last year and before I got a chance at it a crackerhead ran it down with his truck on purpose. then showed it around the area bragging.He even stopped by my house and said this what your looking for and wanted to sell it to me or trade a gun for it. I went ballistic.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you get her..... many years ago in late bow season i had a fawn come in once that was almost all white except for her neck and back.
My grandpa shot a nice 8 a few years back that was piebald it made a really cool mount it had quite a bit of white mixed in with the brown hair on its neck. I Hope to get a chance at one sometime.