Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Hunter's Digest

Old 09-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Whitetail Hunter's Digest

I don't usually plug things, and I'm in no way associated with this or any other magazine, but I picked up the latest copy of Whitetail Hunter's Digest Almanac Edition the other night and I wanted to pass this along.

The mag cost 10 bucks, and I wouldn't have bought it had I known that (I was a bit looped at the time[&:]) but there are hardly any ads in this thing so you get what you pay for. It's loaded with detailed information on different tactics, reading sign, and has some good commentary on the latest scrape hunting and rattling studies. It's not the usual "set up next to bedding areas" and "find the food source" advice which is sound, but overdone in many other magazines. They offer that type of advice, but they also detail things like how to read scat and they go in depth into rattling, calling, and scrapes. It's more of a book than a magazine.

If any of you want a good read prior to the season, I highly recommend this issue of the magazine.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Whitetail Hunter's Digest

I have an older issue then this years and you are so right about the condensed information, just packed with tips and tricks.