Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strangest, weirdest, coolest thing seen in the woods?

Old 09-30-2004, 03:21 PM

Default RE: Strangest, weirdest, coolest thing seen in the woods?

I was sitting in my stand one evening and a small bird (a Chicadee I think) landed on the tip of my arrow just in back of the broadhead. It stood there looking at me and cocking it's little head trying to figure out what I was for about 5 minutes. I was afraid it would step on the broadhead and cut a toe off or something, LOL.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:27 PM

not really strange or weird but it was kinda cool to watch 3 foxes play around in a field for about an hour last year
Old 09-30-2004, 06:32 PM

2 years ago i had to give up one of my stands that i had in a pine tree, got to the stand 1 morning and as i climbed up the tree i noticed something in my stand at first i thought it was a racoon but when i got right under the stand imagine my suprise when i spotted a big old porcupine, needless to say the stand was his lol

last year i climbed up into my stand and as soon as it started getting light out i started hearing very low clucks and cheeps,, well i hadnt hunted the stand for 2 weeks so i had no idea the nite before a flock of turks had roosted all around my stand includeing a tom right in the tree my stand was in was a very interesting if not noisey morning
Old 09-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Last year while i was walking to my stand i saw some turkey out in the field, i watched them for awhile and started to walk away when i saw a fox pop its head up about 10 yards behind the flock. I watched the turkey move across the field and the fox popping his head up every so often. I watched them til they got to the woods, needless to say the fox wasn't very sly that day cause he left without a meal.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I was leaning against a fallen tree, turkey hunting in the spring, when the log seemed to jump and then shake pretty hard. I had no idea what it was, until I looked over and saw that a squirrel had jumped down onto the log. He walked up the log until he was within two feet of me and looked me in the face for about a minute.

Another time while I was turkey hunting behind that same log, I turned to see what had made a noise behind me and I saw two bucks walking through the woods. They walked within 10 feet of me and never even looked at me. They finally cought my scent after they were about 70 yards past me and they trotted off.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:33 PM

I havent seen many weird things in my woods. But last year i was sitting in my stand when i heard something running around the tree. It was to dark to notice it at first but when the sun finally came up i noticed it was a mouse or something that looked like a mouse that was running around the tree were my stand anchored on the tree. It was weird i guess!

I ALSO SAW BIGFOOT!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

i think walking up on a black bear at dusk 20 yards w/ the bow was a little "freaky"!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:31 PM

Shot a big black bear this past spring in Northern Saskatchewan just off the river bank. It only ran about 50 yards after the shot and when we returned from dragging it out of the woods there was 2 bear in the boat eating out of our bags of dog food we used for a bait pile.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:46 PM

Last fall i took a nice doe with my bow, perfect double lung shot, and she ran around behind my stand and dropped in sight. It was during the rut so i decided to give it a while before climbing down to see if a buck was following her. After a half hour i got down and walked to her, and to my amazement there was only half a deer there. She was over half eaten!! As i was gettin my camera out of my pack to get it on film i looked up to see a large coyote coming over a hump about 20 feet away. When it saw me it stopped and kinda looked at me a little comfused, then showed its teeth and growled a little, turned and trotted off about 40 yards and stopped again, and was joined by two more a little smaller then it.. I guess it was a female and a couple pups,, but they really wanted the rest of the deer, I got it on video, as they all circled me at about 75 or 100 yards away,, they made two circles around me before they left,, kinda spooky,, time to thin them out.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:16 AM

A couple years ago I'm sitting in my stand I hear something above me. I freeze. Out of the corner of my eye I see a coon coming down the tree. Well it stops at my backpack, digs into it and trys to eat my sandwich. I didn't want to move, I was afraid I would scare it and it would jump on my face. After about 5 min he leaves, with half my sandwich. Not strange, but I think it was neat.

Quick Reply: Strangest, weirdest, coolest thing seen in the woods?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.