Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

experts help

Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 AM

Default experts help

I want to put a string loop on my bow, I want to put the tie on typr not screw on type but my local archery pro shop won't put one on because he doesn't belive in them(he is very opinionated) so is it hard to put one on I do not want to mess up my knocking point so what can I do?[:@]
Old 09-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: experts help

First, find a new "pro-shop".....................
Old 09-29-2004, 10:29 AM

Not an expert, but here's a pretty good guide for doing it yourself.

http://www.edersbow.com/publication/...op/default.cfm
Old 09-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

You went to an Expert and he refused you?? Tell him you spend X amount of dollars in there and want a string loop or you'll take all your business elsewhere. Tell him it makes you a better shot and therefore, better equiped for the ethical taking of game. Peronally I'd never set foot in there again and do as the others mentioned and find another Customer friendly shop. Then I'd steer all my buddies away from that ding-a-ling.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:52 AM

There's a local proshop here that also does not tie string loops. They refuse for liability reasons, and I don't fault them for that. Because of that I recently learned to do it myself. Here are some references to help you out:

Tie on a string loop

Tie on nocking points

If you're worried about losing your nock position, just take a measurement from either the end of the serving or froma mark on a cam. Then you can remove your nock and know that you can still properly locate the nocking position.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:52 AM

I am not really an expert, but I put a string loop on every year and it's not very difficult. Go buy a package and there are instructions included.....should take you about 5 minutes.

I think the new pro-shop idea is pretty good too......

Good Luck
Old 09-29-2004, 10:55 AM

I wish I could go to another pro shop but the closest one other than him is 2.5hrs away for anything major I will go there but for minor things I have no choice until I learn to do it my self. I talked to him and he said its his shop so his choice if wants to do them, he said he doesn't sell them doesn't like them they are a pain with string strech and nocking point moving. so I have to do it myself. which is fine I will figure it out I just don't know how to set my knocking point after.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

They sell kits for knocking too, I did both (knock and loop) myself when I got my bow...and a friend of mine bought a knocking kit that came with everything you needed to set the knocks. (square, plier, knocks)
Old 09-29-2004, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: huntingheck69
I just don't know how to set my knocking point after.
I've recieved advice on the boards to set the loop position and then move the rest to adjust for tuning. I haven't tried it yet, since everything shot fine when I switched to the loop, but some reputable people suggested it, so I assume it works well.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:44 AM

BagginBigguns - GREAT links !!!!

Thank you !

I can't believe how easy it is to put a loop on ....

Quick Reply: experts help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.