Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just plain senseless things to do...

Old 09-28-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Just plain senseless things to do...

The other day my buddy and I were talking over hunting this upcoming weekend in Ohio. Well, my buddy's stand he put up like 2 weeks ago (brand new stand) was tampered with in such a way that if he was to stand on the platform, it would give out. It was a ladder stand, and the other stand is a hangon that was set at about 30 +or _. Someone had cut the seat strap to within a fraction of an inch, then they had the nerve to completely remove a bolt from the platform! What a stupid thing to do!!! IF ANY of you do this kind of stuff, you in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to walk into the woods! I think it is kinda crazy that on your own land you can't trust going out onto your own land to bowhunt expecting everything to be safe. Just had to voice my opinion about this.... before season this saturday.

Avid_bowhunter2005
Taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 07:05 AM

Default RE: Just plain senseless things to do...

i would call the cops. imho that is attempted murder.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Wouldn't that be attempted murder? Same thing as cutting the brake line in a vehicle in my opinion. Sometimes people just need an a$$ kicking...
Old 09-28-2004, 07:08 AM

That to me sounds more like ANTIS to me than other hunters. I don't believe other hunters would do something like that, if they are that way there more likely to steal the stands[>:] Sorry to hear about it and im glad you caught the damage. If you catch the anti that did it, carry him up the thirty foot tree and drop him on his head. Drop the stand on top of him and call it an accident. Say he must of died trying to sabotage your equipment. OR instead of killing him, beat the crap out of him
Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 AM

Holy Mackeral!![:@] What a sick son of ##### would do this??
Wish you had a trail cam picture of the culprits.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:29 AM

I would without a doubt report this. I would also post the property if it hasn't been already. It sucks but then noone has a reason to be there and everyone tresspassing would be suspect.

I personally like to use removable tree steps. It takes longer to get into stand, it's noiser, but generally I feel safe when I get to my stand. I inspect it before climbing in and I'm glad your friend did. This could have certainly been much worse. Please don't hesitate to call the police though. Maybe word will get out to other hunters in the area to look out for this. I would hate to see anyone take an unnecessary 30 footer.(no that a 30 footer is ever neccessary)
Old 09-28-2004, 08:24 AM

I agree probably Anti's. This is one reason I always strap myself to the tree, climbing and sitting, you just never now who is out there. I would fix the stands and setup a trail cam and report the incident to the sheriff. Make sure the cam is camoed good and turn the flash off. A digital cam is quieter and they will not hear the film rewind, Fix your stands and set up the cam, I bet you catch them! Then you can prosecute! We had trespassers jumping our fence last spring hunting turkeys on our property. They were in their every year on opening day. I knew were they were crossing and set out a cam. We caught them this year and you should have seen the look on the guys face when the sheriff showed him his picture on our property.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would, i would, i would, i dont know what i would do, but that would make me shoot someone![:@]
Old 09-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I also agree that it is likely anti-hunters if not neighbors feuding....and I would also call the authorities although most of the time they are useless.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:05 AM

That's just plain scary. I rarely, if ever check that when I'm climbing in. But that really is attempted murder. Doubt you catch the SOB, but the authorities should be notified.

Sounds like ANTIS to me, thankfully we don't have many of them in WI, but...note to self, check straps.

thanks for the clue

The Trashcanman

Quick Reply: Just plain senseless things to do...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.