Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Son learns a valuable lesson !!!! UPDATE

Old 09-28-2004, 04:44 AM

Default RE: Son learns a valuable lesson !!!!

great story that will teach him lol!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:28 AM

Dads 1 Sons ? = Great story LoL
Old 09-28-2004, 11:26 AM

Too funny! I bet you'll have a tough time getting back into that stand without fighting for it
Old 09-28-2004, 11:39 AM

For some strange reason, I seem to see and shoot more deer when I'm in the woods than when I'm in bed or playing video games .....

LOL - great story - I'm sure a lesson well learned.

Next time he's hesitant to go, I'd pull out the picture and ask him if he's sure he doesn't want to go .....
Old 09-28-2004, 12:38 PM

Great story. Im sure next time he will be all over them woods!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 PM

You guys and gals do realize that knowing my luck next time we go out he will see a monster Maryland record buck and take it). I will never live that one down I am sure.

Dave
Old 09-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys and gals do realize that knowing my luck next time we go out he will see a monster Maryland record buck and take it). I will never live that one down I am sure.
I hope you get that lucky. The ONLY thing better then shooting a big buck is having my son shoot one.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 PM

10/12/04 Today my son comes home with 3 C's 2 B's and 2 A's on his report card so I decide he needs to take a few days off from hunting in the evening to study and bring up those C grades to B's. So once again at 3:45pm I hit the woods get up in my treestand by 4:15pm.

About 5:30pm in comes a 6 point and a descent 8 point buck. These guys are fighting and chasing each other like the world is going to end tonight or something. Anyways after a 5 minute chase and fight the 6 pt trotts off down the trail towards my sons stand.

I considered taking the 8 pt but have seen bigger dear so I let him pass also ( heading right towards my sons stand). I watch through my binos as both deer pass run under my sons stand no more than 2 minutes apart. Now I feel real BAD for not letting the young man go hunting, BUT WAIT, the deer gods seem they want to punish me for this decision.)

Approx. 10 mins. after I watch them pass my sons stand here comes a fork buck with two does. They walk around my stand eating acorns and just having a good ole time and within 5 minutes or so they head straight for my sons stand also. SOOOOO by now I am feeling like a real jerk about the staying home to study thing. Now heres were it gets real bad, for the next 45 mins. I watch 7 more deer pass by my stand, 4 does and 3 more smaller bucks. Another small 6 pt, and 2 more forker bucks. ONCE again they all head down the trail and pass within 15 yards of my sons stand.

Oh well being a parent is not always easy I guess, time to go in and let him know what happen.

Dave
Old 10-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a shame all those deer passed by his stand tonight. Many people don't see that many bucks in a year, much less one night, I am sure that would have been a night he would have remembered !
Old 10-13-2004, 08:50 AM

If anything I'm willing to bet that he'll make better use of his studyhall time. I wouldn't be hard on yourself though. You're doing the right thing. With a good education he be able to afford more time off in the future for hunting or other intrest he may choose to pursue.

It sounds like his stand locations is primo. Kick him in the but to get his grades up and if the progress reports look good come the rut let him at it. Baggin a deer will only help to keep his interest in the sport.

Quick Reply: Son learns a valuable lesson !!!! UPDATE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.