Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

Old 09-28-2004, 01:40 AM

Default RE: Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

I was shooting my bow a few hours before heading out elk hunting. I had my bow drawn back and my hand twisted a bit causing the bow to slip out of my hand. The bow came rushing back and cracked me on my release hand. I got split for stiches and a broken knuckle. I couldn't believe this was happeneing to me but it was. I felt real stupid about the whole incident and was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this happen to them because frankly i have never heard of it till i experienced it for myself.
you should switch names with "m.t. hands"[8D]
Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

That thankfully has never happened to me. Anythings possible though. Especially when your daydreaming about elk while your shooting