Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Old 10-04-2004, 09:51 PM

Default RE: Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Cant post pics, but took a 7 pointer on opening day.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:07 PM

Well I am Darn proud of both my trophies this week!!! The first was Sat. Morning, a 2x3 (137 lb dressed), my first bow kill. I saw 2 bucks, 2 does and 3 fawns in my clover patch, the bucks left and I tryed "the can" I knew it was too early to pull the bucks in with it, but I had called does in close several times in past years. As soon as I called the bucks came running back into the food plot and started pushing the does arround. After they were sure no one else was interested in "getting lucky" they made their way past my stand. He only made it about 15 feet after the shot! As Awsome as that was it was nothing compared to the 7 lb 6.5 oz bundle of future deer hunter that arrived at noon on wed. I couldn't have imagined a better week!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:11 PM
PLB

This year was my second year bow hunting for deer and my first serious year at that. In the official score area you will see my 'little' buck. There were a lot of hunters (I would estimate over 1000) hunting the Kiabab National Forest this archery season and after 5 days of hunting approximately 50 hunters had taken a buck. According to the Game Warden I spoke with, there was only 1 buck that would be considered a 'Trophy' and all the rest were spikes, 2x2's, and few 3x3's.

My buddies and I spotted this particular buck the day before the hunt (we only saw about 5 bucks before the hunt started all spikes and 2x2') and I set up for him. He provided a broadside shot at 47 yards and I took it, taking out both lungs. 35 minutes later, I found him only 40 yards away. It was an experience I will always remember and enjoy.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:27 AM

Yeah, I know I'm breaking some photo rules but I didn't have my camera with me. Taken at about 25 yards with a Gold Tip arrow and a 100 grain 3-blade Muzzy and using a Buckmaster 320 with a Keller pendulum sight. She traveled about 20 yards and then expired. While not opening day here in OH, it was my first hunt of this season. My Dad and my brother were there too. Unfortunately they didn't get any shooting, but it was great to have them there to share in the joy and pride of a great kill.

Am I proud of her...ABSOLUTELY. As my handle implies, horns aren't my thing. I'm into full freezers of tasty doe backstraps and roasts.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot this doe on opening day of Illinois archery sesason around 5:30PM.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jerseyjoe

If they say "its only" could also mean they are intimidated by what everyone else may think.

exactally what I was thinking.

I hope we all don't have to hear the you should of let him walk crap. I mean if someone asks if they should of let him walk and let him grow kind of thread then fine but if someone is proud and puts up a picture and posts his hunt we should congratulate them on there fine efforts. Like frand said its their choice and every animal with a bow is a trophy.

Brian
Old 10-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Here's my first buck of the year. Here in WI, with the CWD thing going on, for every doe we shoot, we can get a buck tag. I took this buck off my dad's small 30 acre property, after my brother and I decided if given the chance he would be a good one. He isn't a giant, but one of the better ones I've taken with a bow, and it was the biggest buck taken off the property in the 15 years my dad has owned the property. He scored 114 4/8".

Old 10-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Taken in September in 16B, Gila National Forrest
Green score 310 BC

Old 10-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some great animals here guys. Congratulations on all of them. Now it is time for me to add my own....

...shortly.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.