Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you wear your boots?

Old 09-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How do you wear your boots?

Looking at HNIJustin's pictures got me wondering about boots.

He wears his pants tucked into his boots - probably to allow heat to escape and also keep his boots quieter.

I wear my pant legs on the outside of my boots to keep the scent in.

What do you guys do and why?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you wear your boots?

ITuck the pants in the rubber boots on the way to stand so when I brush plants any scent from my pants doesn'lt get on them. When I get in my stand I sometimes put them over incase it rains or to help any odor from coming out.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:32 PM

During early season I always tuck my pants into my socks then have everything inside my boots. Helps to keep ticks off my skin. Later season I wear my pants inside my boots and then at the stand I leave them inside because by that time the scent inside my boot is on my pantleg lol. Never have put them outside, I guess because its more comfortable.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:40 PM

I wear mine on the outside.no room for my pants on the inside.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Pants tucked into my rubber boots, I hate getting my pant legs all wet on the way to my stand. Helps keep my scent down also.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:24 PM

Pants on the inside. Keeps 'em clean when it's wet out, better scent control on the ground, and it looks cool!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i guess im the only one with luknikk. i wear mine on the outside of my boots. i think it is more comfortable and it helps keep debris out of my boots.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found that my rubber boots are a little too bulky at the top to slide my pants over them, so I just leave them tucked into my boots. I also like to think that it helps with keeping my scent down on my way into and out of the woods when I'm brushing up against branches, twigs, etc.

While watching one of the Drury videos this past summer I noticed that the people from Scent Blocker instructed the hunters to wear their pants over their boots to trap any scent coming out of the tops. However, I don't wear any sort of odor-eliminating clothing so I don't really think that would be too effective in my case.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:24 AM

I have two setups for pants. Warm to moderate temps, and just plain cold. They are both scentlock. On the first, I tuck everything into my boots, and that is only for ticks. Everyone I hunt with, spring or fall, gets ticks, I'm lucky enough to get one every couple of years. When it's cold, I wear my coverall's, which don't fit in my boots. Of course, in that weather, I would think that ticks are not a problem. I'm quite convinced that the layering of clothes, and tucking into the boots is why I don't get the ticks that others do.

The Trashcanman
Old 09-23-2004, 01:59 AM

I wear mine tucked in on my way in and out of my stand. While I'm sitting on stand, I have them over my boots to help trap scent.

Quick Reply: How do you wear your boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.