Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buck fever ????

Old 09-23-2004, 08:25 AM

Default RE: buck fever ????

IMO, the shakes are half the fun
The day I loose the shakes will likely be the day I hang up my bow. IMO getting deer close is a major rush and them trying to put it all together to land a good shot is what makes this sport so challenging.

The best advise I can give is to think of the job at hand. First you might have to get into a stand position and then you've got to get drawn back. lastly you needs to settle the pin on its mark and let the arrow go. I find the process almost methodical but the adrenilin is still flowing
Old 09-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's only a deer. Focus on the task at hand, let the inner predator in you take over and everything will fall into place.
Easier said than done, but its about the best I can give. I have always seemed to be really calm at the moment of truth, I'll let my excitement out afterwards.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always get that shot of adrenaline when there is action around my stand. The way I overcome it is by focusing on my target and trying to plan for the shot. I try to judge when/where the shot will happen and also when would be the best point to draw my bow. The shakes don't kick in until after the shot.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck fever???? Haaaaaaaaaa, more like deer fever!!!!!! I seen a fawn and i get the shakes! Man i love bowhuntin'!

Wish i could get this bigger for yall to see. 12pt 250lbs dressed stuffed in a trunk of my old corrolla when i was like 19yrs old!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 PM

If you see a deer you want to shoot just pick a hair you want to hit. Dont look at the antlers. The day I stop getting buck fever is the day I stop hunting, it just means you love it.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:06 AM

If you film your own hunts you need to checkout www.dillonoutdoors.com They have an awesome product called the Superarm for filming. It is by far way superior then any other camer arm on the market!!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: adams

IMO, the shakes are half the fun
The day I loose the shakes will likely be the day I hang up my bow. IMO getting deer close is a major rush and them trying to put it all together to land a good shot is what makes this sport so challenging.
Exactly how i fill! And throw in a nice buck on a cold morning say around 15 yrds? Now thats what i call a rush! Your nurves can be your worst enemy. But thats the same reason i keep going back yr. after yr. About the only advise i can give someone having trouble with buck fever. Is practice like you hunt and lots of it. Use 3-D targets if possible. Pick a spot that you want your arrow to hit and don`t` take your eye`s off of it. But don`t` ever expect to completly over come your nurves. The trick is learning to control them when its crunch time.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

The more deer you see and the more you harvest your shaking will come under control. Enjoy that feeling. I remember them well from when i first started bow hunting. Get a few under your belt and the severity of your shakes will deminish.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:22 PM

I ALWAYS start shakin AFTER I encounter deer for some reason, I focus so much on post shot stuff that it keeps me calm. I just imagine finding my bright bubbly red blood covered arrow and seein the deer go down. Seems to work for me
Old 11-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just keep reminding myself- that i've got all the time in the world to shake after i send one thru the boiler room.

Quick Reply: buck fever ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.