Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton Hoyt bow. Such thing?

Old 09-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easton Hoyt bow. Such thing?

I overheard my friend saying he had an Easton Hoyt bow. So, I tell him theres no such thing, they are two completely different companies, but he says that theres an Easton logo above the word hoyt on the riser, ( i think he said it was on the riser), and he said it said Easton on the Limb somewhere too. Is there such a thing as an Easton Hoyt?
Old 09-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton Hoyt bow. Such thing?

Hoyt is a division of Easton.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:12 PM

Yep, either easton owns hoyt, or the other way around, I don't remember which. My guess would be it's that easton owns hoyt. Easton is a big sports entity, they don't just do archery. They also own Beman arrows as well I think. The may even own carbon express.

Paul
Old 09-22-2004, 04:19 PM

Dairy King,

Your friend is right! I use to hunt and still hunt with on occasion a Hoyt Easton Gamegetter II. I bought it back in 1987. It had the tear drop cables and a 41" string. It doesn't have the cut out riser either so it's a finger bow that's for sure! I'm not sure how many different models they made but I hunted with mine exclusively from 1987-2003! It was and still is a fine shooting bow.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot competively with a recurve back in.......geez 1987 or so and the model bow I shot was a Hoyt/Easton Polaris.
66" long and boy could I shoot that thing. Pretty laminated wood riser with white laminated wood limbs.
I even camoed her up for the 1987 bowseason here in PA and tried to shoot a deer with it.......no dice.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

It's true, I used to have an Easton Redline softball bat. A year later, I purchased a Hoyt Redline bow, and the Redline logo on both were EXACTLY the same. I asked my sporting goods guy, and he said Hoyt is owned by Easton.