Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just paper tuned at Gander Mt.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default just paper tuned at Gander Mt.

Well I just went down yesterday to paper tune my bow. I really just wanted to see/makesure it was shooting ok. I told the person in the archery dept. that I was hoping it would only take 1 shot because it seemed to be shooting fine (I was really hoping that's all it would take). He wasn't very confident in the one shot thing, especially after he saw I had a WB rest. He set the paper, I took my shot (at abot 8 feet away), and whammo! Almostt a perfect hole (there was just a very slight tear - hardly noticeable). I said, "well, I'm glad that's over with" and put my bow away. He did say he could adjust it a bit, but I was happy and confident with how it shot.

The Gander Mt. here is great. It's nice to have a place to do this kind of thing (free) and the staffer was very knowledgeable (he adjusted my nock before and put a loop on - again free)
Old 09-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: just paper tuned at Gander Mt.

The Gander mountain here is nice, except for the archery dept....ARGH[:@]

I have only had worse treatment at Dick's Sporting Goods. Thankfully we have a fairly well known shop in town, that I go to. The products are a bit more, but the attention is worth it. I feel like I get my money's worth.

Wish the staff at our GM was as nice as yours.