Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How lucky are you?

Old 09-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default How lucky are you?

Does anyone else have a job that allows you the time to practice while at work?

I have to brag at the fact that I am able to practice every day of the week whether at home or work. Makes those last minute adjustments and honing your skills before the season very nice.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How lucky are you?

What is you occupation?? If you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:47 AM

I'm not lucky enough to shoot at work but I'm lucky enough to spend 8 hours a day chatting about bow hunting
Old 09-22-2004, 09:58 AM

Lonestar

We have a range setup at our shop and it is pretty nice. Only 20 yards, but we have a deer target, broadhead target, bag target and a paper tuner. We used to have a nice 40 yard range in the receiving dock, but someone shot the forklift and that was that.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not lucky enough to be able to practice while at work. However I am lucky enough to have an employer that lets me make my own schedule. It allows me to not have to use my vacation days for hunting.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: michigandrake

Lonestar

We have a range setup at our shop and it is pretty nice. Only 20 yards, but we have a deer target, broadhead target, bag target and a paper tuner. We used to have a nice 40 yard range in the receiving dock, but someone shot the forklift and that was that.
So now with DavidMil's one dead dryer we now have one dead forklift?

I have a job that allows me to hunt several states if I wanted to. I have done this from time to time but really don't want to pay for so many out of state fees.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

So now with DavidMil's one dead dryer we now have one dead forklift
Don't know about the dryer, but the forklift has tines. Is it scorable and does it count towards the contest?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:46 AM

Fieldmouse

The forklift lived and is still in use today and thankfully no one was fired over the incident.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: michigandrake

Fieldmouse

The forklift lived and is still in use today and thankfully no one was fired over the incident.
I guess that's a no. It won't count in the contest since it's not dead. Very quick observation RIStrutStopper.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not lucky enough to shoot at work but I'm lucky enough to spend 8 hours a day chatting about bow hunting
You and me both. Although I really can only spend about 6 hours a day. And I am done at noon on Fridays all year.

Quick Reply: How lucky are you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.