Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How lucky are you?

Old 09-22-2004, 12:44 PM

Default RE: How lucky are you?

I can do the same I work for the Federal Government on a military base. They have a full archery range setup. I shoot alot during lunch and right after work on post. Ive evey got to hunt on base. We have some big deer on post, but the problem is they are very very use to seeing people and are almost tame. So when hunting season is in there are not any were near the posted hunting areas.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:20 AM

I'm not lucky enough to be able to practice while at work. However I am lucky enough to have an employer that lets me make my own schedule. It allows me to not have to use my vacation days for hunting.
ditto!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not quite that lucky but I get enough vacation that I never have to worry about hunting time.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me too. The man who is my boss now, we used to serve together in the Army!! He,he,he!! Talk about a country club! He lets me do whatever as long as i produce for him. So yea i am very lucky

Old 09-23-2004, 06:19 PM

Where I work my plant manager is a bow hunter so it was no problem with him to set up a range out behind the shops. We have a couple of bags and a broadhead target we shoot at every day during lunch. Really makes a diff when it comes to making last min adjustments.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

I am lucky enough to work in a store that is very big. My boss let me set up my own range in the basement where I can shoot up to 45 yards from corner to corner. I do a lot of practice there after work and even have a pretty good flight of stairs to practice angle shots from. It is a little over 12 feet high so that helps a lot. I also have a great boss who lets me take almost 2 weeks off straight during the rut every year no questions asked!!! I have been doing it for the last 9 years so there is no changing it now!!!!