Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tonights success pic

Old 09-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tonights success pic

I went for a quick hunt after work today. I walked right into the turkies. I canceled my week of vacation this week because I got my bull early this year and found myself down one turkey tag this evening. I called in several turkies . I was not in a blind so I goofed up on a couple before this one came in to see what all the racket was about. It was like trying to hit a yo-yo. What a rush!!!!!!!!! I didn't have time to switch over to my turkey gear so I shot it with my elk setup(80 lbs of KE). The turkey was dispatched very quickly, but it was heck trying to get my arrow out of the tree on the other side of the bird. What a day..........

Old 09-21-2004, 10:08 PM

Default RE: Tonights success pic

Congradulations! Nice turkey.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the turkey.Sounds like your having one heck of a season so far
Old 09-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

nice bird, why did you shoot at the tree though[:-]
Old 09-22-2004, 04:05 AM

Nice shooting Elkcrazy8,and congrats. on your elk too.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the bird. That is a nice turkey!
Old 09-22-2004, 06:29 AM

Beautiful bird! Turkey have to be about the toughest critters in the woods to draw on. Taking a turkey with a bow is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations

I didn't have time to switch over to my turkey gear so I shot it with my elk setup(80 lbs of KE). The turkey was dispatched very quickly, but it was heck trying to get my arrow out of the tree on the other side of the bird.
I'm glad to hear you got pass through[:-][:-]
Old 09-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Great job. Turkey hunting with a bow is one of my favorite pastimes. This time of year you get to combine it with deer hunting. Now that is what I'm talking about!
Old 09-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the turkey. Nice lookin' bird.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the congats to all. I drew on several other birds, or should I say tried. They kept moving around. I then saw a head poke up at at 15 yards, when it went back down I knew it was time to draw. The head came back up and the turkey hopped up on the ditch bank, I knew it was time. That blasted thing spotted me right away and began to fast walk. I already had locked in at that point and let the arrow fly. If I had waited a spilt second more I think it might have gotten away. It took off and flew about 30 yrds down hill and fell stone silient. I can say that it was nice being able to trow it on the shoulder and go. It wasn't a two day ordeal like the elk was. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tonights success pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.