Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Darn people!!!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darn people!!!!!

Yes there are laws that protect you from anti hunters. I have used it myself. Here is the deal, I would go to my stand every so often and the guy would take his dog into the woods every time her would see me coming. He would let the dog go every time off of the leash. This happend about five times so the one time I asked the guy if he knew it was hunting season? By the way, it is not his property but his ran up beside it. He said yes and every time he sees me he will come back there. He would let his dog go and call his name for 20 minutes. I advised him that his dog needed to be on a leash. I continued with the fact that I have seen wild dogs running around here before and I will shot them because they chase deer down and may cause the deer to have a heart attack. That pushed him over the edge. It continued for some time then I contacted my wildlife officer and we monitored him on three seperate occassions. Finally he is served with numerous violations. He almost went bezerk when the officer handed him all the violations. Needless to say that area was left alone by me until the next year and I have hunted it since with no problesm.