Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabelas Outfitter Series PL-1.5

Old 09-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas Outfitter Series PL-1.5

A good friend is interested in archery and archery hunting with me next year. Right now he is in the process of bow shopping. I have been reading the specs on the Cabelas Outfitters Series PL-1.5 and I have to say it looks like a great setup. What are your thoughts and experiences?

The specs look great. I was thinking about the Whisker Biscuit and Copper John combo for him.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cabelas Outfitter Series PL-1.5

Nothing wrong with it and don't let anyone tell ya differently. Almost all bows today are good and certainly do the job....

If it were me....because I don't like the WB.....I'd go with the Nap 1000 Pro and definately the Copper John over the Flatliner.....
Old 09-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I agree Rob. I have been telling him all manufactures make a quality bow these days. He needs to shoot them to see what characteristics he likes and what fits him the best. I think this setup would be an excellent place to start. If nothing else he can sell it to me to back up the Vortec. The verdict isn't in for me and the biscuit yet....the Copper John is a no brainer though.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:47 PM

Rob what dont u like about the Flatliner? Just wondering because I was gonna suggest that sight for my dad's hunting set-up.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Flatliner.....well it's a personal thing. I don't like how the pins are lined up behind one another vertically. If you were to pick a spot....say mid range of the two pins, your blocking the spot with the bar of the pin itself. I like to tell people and myself to pick a hair....the pins stand vertically and block the target. This also comes into play when target shooting be it dot or 3D......I'm trained to pick a small spot (aim small, miss small) and when gapping pins, the shaft of the pin will block the mark, be it another nock, a hair, a hole, a dark spot or the likes......I'd rather have the pins coming from the riser out to open the target area up......
Old 09-21-2004, 08:46 PM

So its a problem with all vertical pin sights? That's fine. I thought you meant that the flatliner itself had problems.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:20 PM

Immyself have been reading up on the cabelas bow too. it looks like a good one. also i have the flatliner on my browning and i couldnt be happier with it.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

I had a problem with the flatliner it's self. It was one of the earlier models, and the pins kept warping. Over time they didn't line up at all and became very brittle. On a cold winter morning I had a stick hit the pins and break two of them off. They might have made improvements since then, but I don't trust them.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

the pl1 is a great bow. Its manufactured by PSE
Old 09-22-2004, 05:22 PM

The bow looks good, i've checked it out, havent shot it though. I would go Copper John/WB...Biscuit is the very best rest ever made. I personally dislike multiple vertical pins. just one single pin for me. The whisker biscuit debate is just like mathews vs bowtech and ford vs. chevy. basically comes down to what you like. whisker biscuit is my rest of choice though.

slayer