Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Kid is killing me!

Old 09-21-2004, 10:32 AM

Default My Kid is killing me!

I posted two weeks ago about my son making his first archery kill. Well, last night he did it again. At 6:00 or so a spike appeared out of nowhere moving in front of our ground blind like we were hoping. We were watching a chipmonk waiting to see if it would run over our feet. I looked up and here comes the buck. Ryan barely had time to stand and click on his release. He drew and the buck walked into the opening we made at, get this, five yards!

Needles to say he made a great shot. It entered at the back of the ribs and exited 3" or so behind the opposite shoulder. We trailed that deer at 9:30 and at 10:35 I looked up after crawling under briars and such to see the thing looking at me. We got the heck out of there and the buck was there today at first light, deader than that doornail everyone talks about.

Now I've killed a lot of deer with the bow. The "autopsy" revealed that the arrow went through one lung, the far side, and the bigger lobe of the liver. I can't believe it made it as long as it did.

Sorry it is so long but this is more fun than getting a deer myself...for now. Ryan is pumped, and at ten years old, he has harvested two deer with the bow. God I love this sport and that kid!! Oh yeah, I'm pumped too.

Greg

PS Would someone please ell me how to make pictures small enough to post here???
Old 09-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Kid is killing me!

Congrats to your boy Gryan. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A big congrats to your son. My son is 16 and got two last year and one already this year. It is a great feeling. I am starting to get the itch now so I better get something close this weekend. It is really cool that you were able to be there with him for this. It is something you both will remember for ever.

As for pictures just go to www.photobucket.com and start an account. Then link to that. It is way better then making them small enough to get on here. I can't wait to see the pics.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job, congrats to you and your son!!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go!! I know thats makes you proud as a dad!! My son which is 9 yrs old will be looking for his first deer this yr. We will be taking a gun for the first one or few But he also shoots very well with a bow as well. So taking one with a bow is hopefully not far away.[8D]
Old 09-21-2004, 11:26 AM

My Kid is killing me!
What about the deer? He's doing a good job on them too You must be absolutely psyched. You've got to see silver dollar eye twice in the last couple of weeks. I can't wait until mine is old enough. Thanks for getting the kid into the sport. The future of hunting depends on the tradition being handed down and you're doing a great job.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 AM

Congratulations to your son!! I'm sure he's addicted now! Post those Pics, can't wait to see them either.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:35 PM

That's the way to start em out
Old 09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congradulations once again. This Nov. will be my youngest son's first chance. Were both looking forward to it. If these bucks I've been seeing stick to their pattern he sjhould be looking at a 6 or 8, but hey I'll be proud as heck just having him in the tree next to me.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:10 PM

Congrats to you and your son!! That time that you are spending out in woods is invaluable I'm sure. Not to mention you two were able to connect with an animal. Two for that matter!!

Quick Reply: My Kid is killing me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.