Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any others Copper John or Extreme Sniper?

Old 09-20-2004, 11:02 AM

Default any others Copper John or Extreme Sniper?

I was wondering if any of you guys have shot with these sights and would have any pros/cons for either of them. I am looking at the CJ Deadnuts and the Extreme XLT 600. How do these 2 compare to each other and any others in their price range-about $80? Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any others Copper John or Extreme Sniper?

I have a Copper John Dead nuts. It's a good sight. BUt I think mine was like 59 bucks. 5 pins with level. I think my next bow, will have the Toxonics 38 mag with 3x mag.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:12 AM

THe copper John is a great hunting sight!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Copper John sight. I have a black 3-pin and it was only $45 over the internet.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had both, and still have the CJ sights. The Extreme pins were not very bright. I also like the larger CJ pin guard.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:51 AM

I spent an hour in the shop yesterday on this issue. I needed to replace my Toxonics solo track for a couple of reasons. I went in trying not to buy the Copper John, because I thought I could get a sight to do the job for less. I went back and forth to all the different companies. It was giving me a head ache. I had liked my old Toxonics, so I was trying to lean that way. The problem was, the pins were obviously not as bright as either the Cobras or the Copper John. In the end, I realized that when I had settled on a sight from each company, I was not going to find one cheaper than the Dead Nuts. Sure, there were some there that were less expensive, but those just did not compare. I ended up buying the Dead nuts for three main reasons: 1. simplicity 2. extension(need some room for no-peep) and 3. overall pin quality.

I installed it after work and shot a few sets of arrows to get the pins right. I could not be more pleased. All fixed pin sights do it set your pins in a place to aim, but it sure is nice to have one that is simple, solid, easy to adjust and that looks good doing it.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I like how small the pin heads are on the copper johns, i got mine camo for 54$ over the internet! damn good sight for the money!

i do wish they had a fiber optic as the orange circle instead of paint
Old 09-21-2004, 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the help guys! I picked up the Copper John sight at the Bass Pro last night and think I'm gonna like it. I put it on and am going to shoot it just as soon as I get home from work. Only thing I noticed is I might have to get a bigger peep to be able to see the ring a little better. Thanks again for all your help!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

I love my cj deadnuts. During the twilight it shows up nicely. However once it gets a little darker, like on rains evenings it is hard to see. I plan on ordering the afterburner light and hope that takes care of the bad weather days.