Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SIGHT LIGHTS

Old 09-20-2004, 09:36 AM

Default SIGHT LIGHTS

How many of you guys use the little screw in sight lights to light up your pins ?? I screwed one onto my sight - and turned it on in the dark - and took it right off my copper John !! ... looks WAY to bright.

Why do all the makers of sights have the light pointing down - ? Why not up AWAY from the deer (if your in a stand )

Thanks guys
Old 09-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SIGHT LIGHTS

ORIGINAL: eightwgt

How many of you guys use the little screw in sight lights to light up your pins ?? I screwed on in - and turned in on in the dark - and took it right off my copper John... looks WAY to bright.

Why do all the makers of sights have the light pointing down - ? Why not up AWAY from the deer (if your in a stand )

Thanks guys
I think this is why the lights are blue. Or...at least mine is. I thought the copper johns sight light was blue as well. I've heard that the blue lights, and as well will not spook deer/game.

Not sure, but I feel the light is very helpfull.

Jay
Old 09-20-2004, 09:42 AM

Jay

Mine is blue.... it just seems too bright is all.......
Old 09-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a sight light on my Spot Hogg. It has a purple light on it and works well. Has mounts for the top or the bottom of the sight housing.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:09 AM

If it seems to bright just take a piece of masking tape and put over the blue end. The tape will cut the light down..
Old 09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think we get a little carried away with needing to shoot into the darkness. With any standard optic pin sight at least for me anyway, I can still see the pin when it's too dark to shoot or see the actual animal.....no need to add a light to the sight.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I think we get a little carried away with needing to shoot into the darkness. With any standard optic pin sight at least for me anyway, I can still see the pin when it's too dark to shoot or see the actual animal.....no need to add a light to the sight.
I agree.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:46 AM

I must say I agree..... because after putting one on my bow and removing it I realized if I need to use it - it was too dark anyway...

I am curious on my question though... I am wondering just how many use them - and if the light has ever helped them in a true low light situation - AND if one has spooked any deer-

Just something to yak about is all !
Old 09-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot an hha optimizer with the light and one pin, the fiber optic pin goes right back into the light and all that you see is a soft glow at the end of your pin, its the best sight light ive ever seen....
i love it, it helps alot on those grey dreary days...
Old 09-20-2004, 11:28 AM

Put a piece of masking tape over it

Quick Reply: SIGHT LIGHTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.