Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

40.00 bucks in the trash (just venting)

Old 09-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default 40.00 bucks in the trash (just venting)

I recently purchased new mechanical broadheads for use this season (40.00 + shipping). Went to put them together and shoot them Saturday and they are "MIA". I have looked and looked and they are no where to be found. The best explination I can come up with is they got thrown in the trash with the box they were shipped in.

This just hacks me off. . I have never shot mechanicals so perhaps it is devine intervention. Someone is trying to tell me that I should stick with my fixed head.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 40.00 bucks in the trash (just venting)

I can relate. My wife has a habit of throwing things away.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine too, try a nice winning ticket for the Derby-----ouch!!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:06 AM

perhaps it is devine intervention
The Muzzy gods say no mechanical for you. Come back one year

I feel for you. The $40.00 will make you angary but the time you spent waiting for them to come in and anticipating shooting them is what would really get me. Hopefully they'll turn up under the sofa.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

can you believe my good fortune, was on my rounds early this morning and found a brand new, still in the package, mechanical broadheads. i bet some stiff is really gettin sore about now, anyway i'm gonna try these out later on my old whitetail II, think 147 fps will be enough to open these things, whelp headed to pinehurst, see what them dummies have thown out.

ps just kiddin lonestar, btw i used to live in spring close to hooks airport, hope you find your bh's
Old 09-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Mine too, try a nice winning ticket for the Derby-----ouch!!!!
Got that beat..... Try the winning numbers for NY State Lotto ($6 mil)!!! [&:]

No, no, no, no, no, no..... This didn't happen to me (Thank God!). This was about 18-19 years ago, when I was stationed in Buffalo, NY in the USCG. My mother-in-law's neighbors got the ticket. The story goes: The wife jotted down numbers on a piece of paper. The husband filled out the ticket at a nearby 7-11 or whatever. The next few days, the wife accidently threw out the printed ticket and filled in scanned ticket thing. All the husband had was the original paper with the jotted down numbers. They searched high and low for the ticket and never found it. When it came time for the numbers to come up on TV, they paid no mind to it, but then the husband remembered the hand written paper. He totally freaked out and almost had a heart attack.... ALL SIX NUMBERS WERE ON THAT HAND WRITTEN PAPER!!!!!!!!! [][][:-][&o]

.....Word has it the husband/wife soon divorced. Can you just imagine this happening??????

Butch A.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Butch, that is amazing!!! I don't feel quite as bad now. It must be something in the air in the Buffalo area though!

Sad part is though that I picked the winner in the Belmont 30 to 1 odds, but I was too pissed from the Derby to place a bet!