Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kudos to media..for once

Old 09-19-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Kudos to media..for once

here in S. Central Pa. a local news company Fox 43, aired a half hour spot called, License To Hunt. it was about bow hunting, they had local archery shop owners explain about bows, arrows, calls, clothing, everything associated with deer hunting. the messages they conveied were all positive. they interviewed hunters and even showed killed animals being drug out of the woods by the lucky ones. i was very surprised to see the media be "PRO" hunting. i am going to send them an e-mail expressing my delight to see this. has anyone else seen a news network do this? chalk one up for "our side"!!
Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kudos to media..for once

Congrats to you and your area, we have a local CBS station that has a "Hook and Hunting" segment every thursday and I believe it is very benificial!!
Old 09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never. About 6 years ago there was a forest fire and the local news reported it was started but some irresponsible deer hunters. This just hours after it started. The next day when it was determined that it was started by some campers that had nothing to do with deer hunting, this station never retracted their statement. They had done things like this many times. I thankfully have not noticed it lately but it was quite an issue back then.

It is good to hear that we got some positive media for a change. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watched that show on Fox network.Really glad it was a positive spin on hunting.Good job,Fox!!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to get a chance to see it if they air it in my neck of the woods in PA.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:00 PM

What station was it on? I'd like to investigate and pass it on to a local station around here. My area has too many deer and not enough access for hunters.