Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

under layers

Old 09-11-2004, 03:07 PM

Default under layers

do you guys reccomend using a under layer as a way to wick away moisture--such as under armour or the mtp or apx from mossy oak or does it really work.is it worth the money for warm weather hunting.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:01 PM

Default RE: under layers

My brother and I use them. We dont use scent suits just these under layers along with washing all of our clothes with descented soap and all of the shampoo soap etc. We live in az and we also hunt in wisconsin. We just used them on our archery hunt in the Kaibab last weekend and they are awesome. I had deer walk right by me and the wind was all over the place so I think they help a lot.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:33 PM

I used under armour during football, and if you don't get the WinterWear...it will make you colder!!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

I learned the hard way last year that underlayers are very important. I made the mistake of wearing a cotton T shirt with a decal on the front of it under my other clothes last year. It was a long walk and I became sweaty. The decal wouldn't breath and the cotton shirt became damp. I stayed wet and cold the rest of the day. I developed a bad chest cold the next day. Wearing a thin wicking underlayer will help alot. Jim