Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a GOOD Scent COVER... any ideas?

Old 09-11-2004, 10:18 PM

Default RE: I need a GOOD Scent COVER... any ideas?

Earth scent dryer sheets do it for me....Not only do I put these things in the dryer, but I also put them in a scent safe bag with my cloths. These babies are strong, in my opinion, they are stronger than the wafers before there used in the dryer.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fox urine is what i usally use in conjunction with some kind of food cover scent depends on where im hunt hunting. I heard that hawgs synthetics makes a real good product too i may give them a try this season.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Dominant Buck

If I use any kind of cover scent it's usually Kischels Goldenrod. Smells exactly like the real thing. Great in a fall woods.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:24 PM

I think some of these other guyz covered this allready but, i'd stay away from "cover" scents. You can't hide one scent by dumping some scent of annother type on top of it.

I think I'd use any of the carbon spray's, soaps, and shampoos. They are used to eliminate scents.

It would help to reduce some of your equipment, like leaving your girlfriend at the truck. J/k.

But seriously, stay away from the masking scents... they only add more "forign" scents to your allready forign scent!
Old 09-13-2004, 01:14 AM

I try stay as scent free as possible. That is I use scent-a-way and scent killer but never use a "Cover Scent". I also keep all of my hunting clothes in a plastic tub. Everytime I am done hunting I spray the Earth Scent on my clothes and seal them up in the tub.