Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyt xtec

Old 09-09-2004, 04:43 AM

Default hoyt xtec

Hey guys i was thinking about buying a new bow after this season i was wondering what everyone thinks about the xtec hoyt. like i said in a past post i tryed the bowtech and i dont like how there top heavy. i have a hoyt and i think i am sticking with them. any ideas on the cam and 1/2 x tec?
Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hoyt xtec

I'm shooting one right now and love it. Very stable, and good speed. I normally don't keep bows too long as I get an itch when new stuff comes out, but I think I am going to keep this bow as my sole hunting rig I like it that much.

Oh yeah, not that this matter too much, but it was voted the quietest bow out of a handfull of top end bows tested side by side(can't remember the magazine).

The cam 1/2 system is nice and gives a nice smooth draw. Its also easy to tune. I think you'd be very happy with an X.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, not that this matter too much, but it was voted the quietest bow out of a handfull of top end bows tested side by side(can't remember the magazine).
Outdoor life. They tested 21 bows. It was the quietest by far.

I have been shooting mine since May. I also shot the bowtec's and matthew's. Be sure to check out many different bows. Then you will know what you liked the best. For me it was the xTec. It is an awesome bow. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

My buddy bought one and loves it. I have the Cybertech (last year's model) with the cam and a half and it shoots lights out. So quiet you can't believe it. Fast, small and lightweight. Works for me!