Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow questions?

Old 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Arrow questions?

I have an Outback set at 31" and 70lbs. I'm shooting carbon force 400's and was wondering what grain muzzy or other broadhead I should. Guy at proshop said 100 grain but I just wanted to get few opinions. Also, I've been thinkin about gettin some arrows fletched by the shop and was wondering what or how I should have them done?Helical or? I'm new to this and have heard helical is the way to go. The shop sold me some carbonforces just to get my feet wet so I could shoot a lil. Now I'm lookin to buy my arrows Ill hunt with. Thanks for any and all replys and goods luck. Paul
Old 09-07-2004, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Arrow questions?

well, you can't shoot helical with some types of rest .... (I'm just learnexd that - the hard way - DOH!)
Old 09-08-2004, 07:45 AM

Default RE: Arrow questions?

What type of rest are you using, and how long will the arrows be? And are you sure about the draw length and poundage. I mean was it actaully measured and weighed, or are you just going buy what the bow says it's set on. Mathews have a tendancy to draw a bit long and go over on poundage. If you have 70 lb limbs and they are bottomed out I'd be willing to bet you are drawing more that 70 lbs.

Give us these details and people can start giving you some good options on arrows and tip weight. We need the ACTUAL draw length, draw weight, and arrow length in order to pick the correctly spined arrow though. These are very important things to know about your bow.

I'm assuming you want to stick with carbon arrows? What kind of fletches, feathers or vanes?

Good luck,
Paul